Perform all functions related to grain milling and sifting, grain storage/movement, product flow, and manufacturing of finished products.
- Operate production/cleaning line equipment and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Verify product integrity during the manufacturing process.
- Assist the Maintenance team in repairing, maintaining, and installing equipment as required.
- Perform minor repairs or general maintenance as required.
- Perform equipment or product changeovers as designated by the Production Manager.
- Ensure the work areas are kept clean and free of debris and foreign material.
- Have a basic understanding of equipment functions, standard operating procedures and job safety analysis.
- Perform general preventative maintenance procedures on cleaning line/production equipment.
- Communicate with plant personnel from other departments on equipment troubleshooting and corrective actions.
- Package finished product.
- Provide on-the-job training for employees.
- Complete daily production logs and shift reports including all Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) forms.
- Operate and adjust production equipment to ensure that quality specifications are being met.
- Ensure that all quality control checks are being completed and documented.
- All employees have the responsibility to report food safety problems to their supervisor or someone with authority to initiate action.
- All employees shall identify any risk of intentional harm to the facility, personnel, or products. All employees have the responsibility to report unauthorized persons to their supervisor or a manager who will challenge the individual and/or escort them from the site.
- Time stress related to fast paced work and multi-task requirements.
- Liason with other production personnel to ensure that production plan is being followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills are required.
- Ability to follow and execute a plan.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of food manufacturing processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Basic computer skills.
Typical Physical Activity
- The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee and the work environment characteristics are those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently (> 66%) standing and walking in the Production area
- Occasionally (33 – 66%) lifting 50 lbs and carrying 25 lbs
- Occasionally (33 – 66%) working at and/or above shoulder level, reaching with hands and arms for grasping and manipulation of objects
- Occasionally (33 – 66%) climbing of ladders and/or stairs
- Occasionally (33 – 66%) stooping, crouching, kneeling, crawling, pushing, and pulling
- Rarely (< 33%) sitting
- Rarely (< 33%) lifting 25 lbs of weight to shoulder level
- Medical physical demand level of work noted
Nearest Major Market: Sioux Falls