Requisition Number: NEWBU03755
Sammons Financial Group Companies offer some of today’s most sought after life insurance, annuity, and retirement planning products. Unlike most financial organizations, our companies are not publicly traded, which means we’re focused on long-term value rather than short-term earnings pressures. As a privately held company, our leaders and employees remain consistently focused on long-term growth, making decisions that allow us to deliver on our commitments to customers, distribution partners, our employees, and our communities. Individually, our companies provide value in the products and services they offer. Together we represent a history of strength and longevity.
What you can expect when you join Sammons:
- A casual dress code including jeans
- A rich company culture driven by private ownership and intentional leadership inspiring employees to engage in our healthy, high-performing and values based culture
- Healthy balance between work and personal lives. Friday afternoons off all year long, competitive PTO and generous number of paid holidays
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, wellness plan, charitable giving programs, education assistance… to name a few
- ESOP-A generous 100% company funded retirement plan
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the New Business (NB) Division, working closely with IT Developers, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts (QA's), NB Process Analysts, and NB Management. Responsible for providing guidance, consultation, recommendations, and final review for the implementation of new processing methods and technologies that support NB. Leverage advanced knowledge to provide production support of NB complex processing issues and systems. Responsible for troubleshooting, providing IT QA oversight, and coordination of (User Acceptance Testing) UAT for NB HEAT Tickets.
- Leverage advanced knowledge by providing support of complex NB system and processing issues; this includes but is not limited to: investigating issues, researching and determining root causes, identifying appropriate resolutions, implementing solutions, documenting and communicating resolutions, tracking to detect repeating issues, monitoring and troubleshooting various systems and reports to ensure systems are behaving as expected.
- Work with a high level of detail and accountability to prepare daily deposits, verify and provide guidance/training to NB personnel to ensure accuracy of all monetary transactions keyed, reviewed, investigated, and reconciled accounts, conduct medical bill audits, and prepare and present supporting documentation to demonstrate adherence to Internal Audit/MAR controls.
- Provide guidance to IT QA's to ensure programs function according to business specifications and conform to established guidelines; this includes but it not limited to providing training of the NB systems and processes, providing direction during the creation and execution of test cases, analyzing testing results, and providing approval prior to implementation.
- Provide IT support for NB HEAT Tickets; this includes documenting the issue/enhancement, collaboration with UAT for executing test plans/cases, and creating and facilitating walk-throughs of Abbreviated Specifications and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Collaborate with IT and NB Management on project feasibility studies to ensure project requests align with our business objectives; create NB project requests, fully detailing the business requirements and objectives.
- Research, evaluate data, and present recommendations to determine project initiatives, priorities, scope, deliverables, milestones, risks, acceptance criteria, and time estimates.
- Analyze, document, and communicate business requirements and objectives to the project team.
- Partner with IT to identify, develop, and evaluate current processes and alternatives to optimize business objectives.
- Provide NB system/process knowledge and direction during the development of business and technical specifications, and corresponding documentation for NB projects.
- Research, evaluate options, and prepare recommendations on acceptable business process workaround solutions to project team.
- Coordinate and/or conduct system reviews, elevate findings, and ensure appropriate fixes are implemented.
- Perform Quality Review Audits on Specialty Market products; documenting and escalating results as needed.
- Coordinate and assist with training NB personnel on matters relating to new process rollouts, system changes, and procedure modifications.
- Assist with fielding and troubleshooting business user questions/problems related to new processes/enhancements and determine if additional training is necessary.
- Contribute to the preparation of NB procedure documentation and training materials required for business user training.
- Assist with troubleshooting and communicating system issues and enhancements for external vendors.
- Oversee and coordinate the planning, design, and implementations/revisions of NB forms and maintain NB tables.
- Complete year-end tax reports in support of NB.
- Commitment to embrace Sammons Financial Group Companies shared values (Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Openness)
- As stated within the Company Attendance and Punctuality policy, regular attendance is required and expected in order to meet the business service levels and workflow demands.
- College Degree or the equivalent work experience/education required
- Aptitude to look beyond existing systems in order to propose enhancements
- Possess a technical and process analysis background.
- Ability in above average problem solving and logic reasoning powers; ability to determine the difference between a significant request/problem versus an isolated situation
- A technical understanding of the insurance processes, NB systems, and methodologies is preferred
- Ability to exercise good judgment, make sound decisions independently, and work under minimal supervision
- Strong communication, presentation, leadership, and facilitation skills required
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and resolve problem situations
- Good interpersonal skills including; a high degree of professionalism, effective relational skills, and strong skills in taking independent initiative
- Ability to develop extensive knowledge of complex work procedures and practices
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and effectively work under deadline pressures
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong mathematical skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, Mainframe systems, and Flow Chart software important
- Strong familiarity of SFG system configuration is a plus
- Criminal background check required.