UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's
Shift: 7am - 3:30pm Monday - Friday with 6 days of call per month.
To assist the physician in the medical office practice and to perform technical skills in the Operating Room, under the direction and supervision of the physician.
- Assumes responsibility for continued growth in areas of competencies, lifelong learning and involvement in unit and hospital quality of care projects. Specialty certifications and continuing education are strongly encouraged.
- Supports use of Evidenced Based Practice and incorporates best practices into daily care routine.
- Participates in mandatory education and unit meetings per established guidelines.
- Compiles with all safety goals, infection prevention and risk management policies and procedures.
- Completes annual mandatory education.
- Communicates utilizing the FOCUS Values in all aspects of care and interactions with others.
- Effectively communicates with all team members, physicians, ancillary staff and all customers. Verbal communication is clear and concise, and written communication is legible and done using approved abbreviations.
- Practice indicates compliance with HIPAA, DNV, OSHA and all other regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible in meeting needs of the unit as a team member.
- Unit specific additional functions will be addressed in the competency checklist specific to the assigned unit. Additional certifications and requirements are unit based.
Operating Room Functions:
- Demonstrates an ability to perform all duties required of a Surgical Technician in accordance with established procedures as required.
- Directs and assists in carrying-out safe aseptic techniques and procedures as outlined in the Operating Room Policy & Procedure manuals; observes & reports contamination &/or breaks in aseptic techniques.
- Directs & assists in the maintenance & handling of special instruments & equipment.
- Always maintains responsibility for ensuring safe patient care.
- Utilizes patient care & unit supplies in a manner that is both patient care & cost effective.
- Successful completion of an approved training program for Operating Room Technicians
Minimum Work Experience:
- Preferred Experience: Prior hospital and/or office experience desirable.
- Certification is encouraged
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Must be BCLS certified
- Must be able to complete computer programs
- Must be able to meet the competency of unit assigned to and also be able to successfully complete orientation
- Must be able to meet reliable attendance guidelines
- Must legally perform the essential functions of the job
- Must be able to perform the essentials functions of the job, including ability to communicate effectively
- Able to distinguish colors
- Able to read, write, comprehend and speak English