REPORTS TO: Lead Officer
Incumbent must be friendly and courteous yet fair and firm in solving potential problems or guest concerns. Must be able to work under the guidance, leadership and direction of the Supervisor, Lead Officer and Security Manager, and must be able to perform essential duties in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed are a representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting in all aspects of casino activities for the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City in accordance with corporate policy and Iowa State Regulations. Must possess mathematical skills, ability to observe and remember details and follow directions effectively. The incumbent is responsible for money transactions and must maintain a friendly and polite demeanor. Must possess effective listening skills and have a proven record of good judgment. The incumbent in this position is responsible for maintaining good public relations, assisting guests/customers and team members as needed.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Maintains order on Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City's property.
- Assists Games and Slots department in removing drop boxes.
- Reports unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Anticipates customer and team member needs and provides fast flawless service. Empowered to ensure customer problems/complaints are resolved in a prompt, courteous manner whether through direct resolution or notification to the casino management team.
- Assists the casino management team in ensuring proper arrest procedures and detainment techniques are carried out in violations of civil laws or company procedures; assists various local, state, and federal authorities in various activities and investigations to ensure that procedures and laws are observed.
- Checks identification of all persons that appear to be under 30 years of age or younger.
- Composes accident/incident reports and witness statements when necessary.
- Operates company vehicles in a safe manner.
- Performs fills, credits, exchanges and marker transfers procedures for departments as needed which could weigh 50 lbs. or more.
- Conducts himself/herself in a professional, courteous, and responsive manner, which reflects positively on the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Must have ability to:
- Spend majority of the shift in the casino venue, and is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise levels and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Must possess reading, writing and mathematical skills to write legible reports and effectively communicate in English with guests, team members and fellow officers.
- Understand and become proficient with a variety of computer programs.
- Make quick decisions, using good judgment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper attitude to work under pressure and deal effectively with guests, management, and team members.
- Communicate successfully, with customers as well as all levels of team members.
- Identify potential problems and resolve conflicts in a timely manner.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull drop boxes and money carts up to 50lbs in weight.
- Must be able to identify and quickly respond to potential problems and conflicts and defend self and others in combative situations.
- Assist sick or injured customers and team members, as needed.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in incremental weather to include heat, rain, wind, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Iowa civil and criminal laws.
- Leadership skills, professionalism, and ability to remain calm during stressful situations.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Superior guest service experience preferred.
- Must have proficiency in typing, computer skills.
- Must have no felony convictions.
- Valid Iowa driver's license required.
The skills necessary for effective performance within this position are typically acquired through the completion of a high school education, or equivalent, as well as three (3) months or more of on the job training.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES USED
Hand radios, computer and monitor, scanner and printer, fire extinguishers, resuscitation equipment, and recording devices.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Ability to obtain an Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission (IRGC) license, arranged for by employer upon offer of employment.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas or drink alcoholic beverages.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member's department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.