UnityPoint Health - PACE
As needed - no benefits
8am - 4:30pm
Under the supervision of the PACE Transportation/Facility Manager, is responsible for providing transportation services utilizing agency vehicle for Siouxland PACE participants according to assigned routes/appointment schedules. Provides supply/equipment delivery services as needed.
Transporting PACE Participants - 45%
- Maintain safe driving record. At all times driver is to follow and obey all traffic laws.
- Maintain working knowledge of transportation routes in Sioux City and surrounding communities within the Siouxland PACE service area.
- Accurately follow the transportation schedule/directions to ensure Participants arrive at scheduled appointments on time.
- Follow safety procedures at all times related to utilization of seat belts and securing wheelchairs and other durable medical equipment on the vehicle.
- Maintain working knowledge of physical, mental and social needs of the frail elderly population.
- Proceed on assignments in a timely fashion with limited supervision.
- Problem solve and plan effectively.
Customer Service - 35%
- Assist PACE Participants safely in/out of PACE vehicle and to/from homes/offices/vehicles in the manner necessary to meet their individual needs, (pushing wheelchairs, assisting with ambulation using gait belt as needed, assisting up/down steps, etc)
- Report any changes in the participant's home conditions or health status to the Transportation Coordinator(s) or to other appropriate staff person as procedures indicate.
- Utilize effective verbal and written communication skills when working with Participants, PACE staff and contracted providers in the community.
- Provide a pleasant and comfortable environment where Participants feel safe and welcome.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively with the PACE team and contracted providers.
Vehicle Maintenance - 10%
- Maintain vehicle in good operating condition: clean, fueled, perform daily safety checks.
- Monitor vehicle maintenance and report maintenance/repair needs to Transportation Manager.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria - 10%
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
- High School Graduate or GED required
- One year of experience working with the frail or elderly population required.
- Maintains current CPR status.
- Maintains current Mandatory Adult Abuse Reporter status
- Valid Class D Driver's License, and good driving record required.
- Proof of Auto Insurance
- Customer/Patient focused
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
- Basic computer skills-working