Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sitdown together to eat. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, NewZealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Primary Responsibility: Visually inspects meat product to ensure its quality.. Essential Functions:
• Visually inspect meat to ensure its quality. Remove any foreign material. Alert supervisors promptly when out-of-specification items are identified.
• Lift boxes and/or remove product for processing, including to manipulate and/or use knives or other tools requiring fine manipulation.
• Verify items received by checking identifying information. Inspect condition of items. Compare count/measure of items to order documents and packing lists, following established procedures.
• Maintain inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock. Record location of inventory utilizing recognized practices. Maintain status of staged orders by logging orders and material movement. Document product shipment by recording units shipped.
• Maintain equipment by completing pre-use inspections, appropriately operating equipment, and requesting repairs as needed.
• May rotate into other production roles, which could include preparing product for shipment by identifying, pulling, processing, packing, loading, and/or securing product.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
• Prior production experience preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Ability to carry out instructions as written, oral or in diagram form.
• Knowledge of different muscle cuts. Physical Requirements: While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Associate is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 25 lbs. Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW