ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
Team Lead will be responsible for managing and improving a dynamic inventory/order fulfillment system in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Will need to own the process. Will need to meet daily deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and a minimum wastage of consumables. Will need to be a strong, positive leader for the group. Experience in or familiarity with manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering and/or process improvement desired.
Team Lead has the following duties:
- Ensuring that equipment orders are fulfilled daily with a high degree of accuracy.
- Overseeing staff within the section.
- Ensuring all duties within the section are conducted in accordance with the Quality Procedures Manual.
- Prioritizing the work received for the section.
- Training and developing of section staff.
- Routine maintenance of vacuum pumps, conditioners and ovens (equipment).
- Monitoring equipment/instrument performance, identifying deviations from specifications and notifying Laboratory Manager if the equipment and/or instrument are not operating to specifications, including when equipment/instrument QC fall outside control limits.
- Maintaining documentation of samples, standards, reports and instrument/method logs.
- Investigating and rectifying anomalies.
- Perform housekeeping duties as required.
- Control consumable stock required for the tasks performed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong, positive leadership.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ensuring the quality of the lab is maintained at the level that meets or exceeds the QC targets set out in the QC manual.
- Ensuring instrument repairs, maintenance and calibration schedules are carried out (e.g. ovens, balances etc.)
- Assessing results of QA/QC audits and implement improvements as required.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to initiate corrective action without prompting and assist co-workers whenever necessary in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively perform duties under pressures arising from large sample volumes and short turn-around times.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use (or learn to use) Laboratory Information Management System.
- AA is required
- BS preferred
- Experience in manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering and/or process improvement a strong plus.
- 0 - 3 years of laboratory experience is preferred.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society“
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster