We are currently seeking an Aeromechanical Engineer I to join our team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Aeromechanical Design Engineer is a key member of an air vehicle IPT team of small UAV systems for both military and commercial applications. Within this position, your primary duties are focused on:
- Performing all aspects of vehicle design from initial concept to complete production-ready design.
- Resolution of design challenges and coordination with multidisciplinary engineering groups.
- Conducting informal and formal presentations.
- Using scientific and engineering principals to assess deficiencies in any given design and the impact of potential changes.
Required Qualifications & Background
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) required due to ITAR.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 0 to 2 years of relevant technical and design experience within an engineering organization.
- Demonstrated competency in Mechanical Engineering processes and design/analysis tools; solving Mechanics & Kinematics problems; and solving Thermodynamics problems.
- Knowledge and familiarity with analytical tools like ANSYS is preferred.
- Good understanding of metallic, plastic and composite material properties.
- Ability to solve basic structural dynamics problems.
- Proficient in SolidWorks, Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Hands-on experience with metal and composite fabrication and 3D printing is highly desirable.
Required characteristics include
- Creativity, the interest to invent and improve vehicle systems and motivation to make this happen.
- Good understanding of industry design and documentation standards (GD&T, ASME, Change Control, etc.)
- Experience with designing: machined parts, composite parts, injection molded parts, sheet metal parts, wire assemblies and mechanical assemblies for low, medium and high volume manufacturing processes.
- Experience with: mechanical, lab, field, flight, and environmental testing.
- Good understanding of engineering configuration management processes.
- Experience with SolidWorks EPDM, Agile PLM, and MATLAB a plus.
Other Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, where small teams share a broad variety of duties.
- Display a strong initiative and drive to accomplish goals and meet company objectives.
- Can work from high-level program requirements, organize, schedule and delegate tasks to an engineering team.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks within project schedule and budget.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and able to communicate effectively with the intended audience.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work well with others across disciplines.
- Good presentation skills for formal reviews both internally and externally.
- Familiarity with UAVs and related engineering design processes highly desirable.
- Familiarity with electro-mechanical/mechanism design, aerodynamics, “data engineering“ (instrumentation/data acquisition/data analysis) would be a considerable advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of analytical techniques and tools for FEA, Thermal, Aerodynamics, would be an advantage.