Supv Field Operations- Silver Spring, Maryland - M-F
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we're creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Incumbent is responsible for the routine operations of the site including maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment and materials and keeping proper inventories. Ensures compliance with Quality Assurance and safety guidelines. Handles and coordinates the resolution of more complex issues. Accountable for hiring, disciplinary actions and performance management.
- Must set the example for demonstrating good safety habits.
- Plans, allocates and oversees the operational activities of site.
- Must take appropriate action to assure that staffing is adequate and be able to utilize resources effectively at any given time.
- Compile statistical data to effectively monitor quality and production standards.
- Interview, hire, train, coach, develop, motivate, and counsel employees when necessary.
- Work directly with staff to motivate and provide support to improve quality and effective performance.
- Must have a functional knowledge of all areas in the department. In addition, must have the ability to troubleshoot equipment and client-related issues.
- Able to utilize an innovative approach to problem solving and demonstrate process improvement.
- Effectively work with technical departments to resolve problems. Must have the interpersonal skills to gain cooperation with other departments, and foster continuous improvement.
- Because a supervisor has access to personnel, payroll, patient information, client information, billing and results, they must be able to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Adheres to all QUEST Diagnostics values, policies and compliance regulations.
- Develops, recommends and oversees the implementation of new systems and site procedures, in conjunction with the Specimen Management Manager.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by Director.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Five-plus years in Specimen Management including having performed at Group Leader level.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and evidence of meeting high performance standards with regard to work quality and quantity.
- Must demonstrate that they value the diversity of all individuals in the department. Critical to the success of the position are god verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with all levels of staff including senior management.
- Have the ability to reflect god judgment when determining what action to take when resolving problems.
- Reflect the same good judgment when addressing personnel issues.
- Have the ability to project a positive and enthusiastic image when carrying out company goals.
- Ability to work under pressure and at the same time help the department obtain its production and quality standards.