Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA MD Silver Spring
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ62702
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT's Military Health is hiring a Sr. Business Operations Administrator to support the Defense & Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) located in Silver Spring, MD.
DVBIC is the TBI Center of Excellence for the Defense Department's Defense Health Agency under its J-9 Research and Development Directorate. DVBIC's mission is to promote state-of-the-science care from point-of-injury to reintegration for service members, veterans, and their families, and to prevent and mitigate the consequences of mild to severe TBI. It accomplishes it mission through its four branches: Research, Clinical Affairs, Education, and TBI Mission Support. Each section relies on DVBIC's extensive network to coordinate with the individual services to advance care, conduct clinically meaningful research within the Defense Department and Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and improve caregiver, patient, and clinician awareness. The position above will support TBI Mission Support in human capital and training support.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop DVBIC's Annual Training Plan to include short and long term training goals for DVBIC staff, to include DHA mandated training and DVBIC-specific internal training.
- Review and analyze DoD, DHA, J-9 and other appropriate regulations, directives and documents to ensure DVBIC staff training objectives are identified and met.
- Maintain a tracking record of training requirements. Develop additional tracking mechanisms as necessary to evaluate individual and DVBIC's overall compliance with training requirements. This compliance will be reported to DVBIC leadership on a monthly basis.
- Disseminate training opportunities and invitations and coordinate training opportunities with DVBIC staff.
- Assist with the execution and monitoring of the hiring process from position description development to Entry of Duty (EOD).
- Provide written weekly status reports to the government outlining the status of all military and civilian recruitment activities. The contractor is responsible for developing the report format; however, the finalized format must be approved by the government.
- Serve as liaison for onboarding and off boarding of uniformed service members, GS personnel and contractors. This will require coordination with DHA, J-9 working collaboratively with other contractors to obtain start date information.
- Provide support and functions as DVBIC's point of contact for DHA's Onboarding Program.
- Serve as a central point of contact for HR administrative policies, procedures, and requirements for DVBIC.
- Clarify new procedures and provide guidance in the application of new administrative guidelines.
- Responsible for arranging and scheduling of HR related meetings, functions, and interviews.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of relevant business/ program operations experience.
- Experience in conducting organizational studies and evaluations.
- Experience in designing systems and procedure, conducting work simplification and measurement studies and preparing operations and procedure manuals.
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite to include: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a T3 security investigation.
What Would Be Even Better (preferred):
- Prior experience supporting Military Health Programs.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA MD Silver Spring
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.