Receptionist DARCARS of Silver Spring
DARCARS Automotive Group is now hiring for a Receptionist!
*Must be able to work evenings and weekends
As the Receptionist you are the front-line representative for the dealership and must represent the dealership in a professional, friendly manner at all times. She/he greets customers as they enter the showroom and directs them to the appropriate party in accordance with dealership policies and answers basic inquiries. The receptionist intercepts, screens, and routes incoming calls and takes thorough messages and provides basic information to callers. The receptionist also assists in salesperson day to day activities such as administering dealer tags and gas tickets.
In this role, you'll:
- Greet showroom customers and determine the nature of their visit.
- Direct customers to the correct department, notify the appropriate salesperson that a customer is waiting, or introduce the customer to a salesperson.
- Answer basic customer inquiries and refer more extensive inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Enter data into computer operated prospect tracking system.
- Manage switch board.
- Communicate with callers in a professional, friendly and efficient manner, striving to minimize the time they are put on hold.
- Take thorough messages indicating the caller’s first and last name, company name if applicable, the time, and the message the caller wishes to leave.
- Communicate messages to all appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Provide basic information to callers who have general inquiries.
- Update and distribute company telephone roster when necessary.
- Perform clerical duties and accounting duties as assigned by controller or GSM.
- Serve as showroom greeter.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Make transaction receipts for sale and service department *if applicable
- Must be able to speak clearly and pleasantly on the telephone and convey the image of professionalism and competence to callers and in-person customers
- Strong communication skills with both customers and DARCARS employees
- Ability to speak multiple languages (Spanish is a plus!)
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Previous customer service experience preferred but not required
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be a team player
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, evenings and weekends
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screen (background)
This job advertisement in no way states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by this employee. This advertisement is merely a preview of the role in solicitation. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties and responsibilities upon the request of a supervisor.
DARCARS Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.