Retail Sales Associate - SIGN ON BONUS $2,000
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Ever stepped into a retail store and had a phenomenal customer service experience? Felt
great, didn’t it? How would you like to be responsible for creating those experiences? Well, we can help make that happen.
Cox Communications is looking a Retail Sales Associate who creates those experiences; someone who connects easily with others and can drive sales while making customers feel special. So, if you love to learn, then take your newfound knowledge and create mind-blowing customer satisfaction, you’re right where you need to be. Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to connect customers with Cox’s game-changing technology, products,
This job requires you to follow the retail routine of working some evenings, weekends, and holidays. You’ll also need to be comfy with reporting to your Store Manager, as well as taking guidance from the Assistant Store Manager and other team Specialists.
What You’ll Do
- Explain and demonstrate product capabilities as well as offer suggestions based on customers wants and needs
- Meet or exceed targets regarding customer experience, sales and retention.
- Assist with the opening/closing of one of our store retail environments.
- Properly handle cash
- Engage in workshops, special events, and product demos
- Support your fellow sales agents when needed
- Continuously expands knowledge of current Cox products as well as competitor product offerings by participating in regular training classes
- May be required to work in other locations in the same geographical area.
What’s In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
- As part of a customer loyalty driven team, highly motivated individuals could receive a targeted annual amount of $42,780. This reflects the fulltime hourly base rate of at least $15.00 and target commission is $965.00 a month. There is potential to earn up to and beyond $49,185.00 annually as a high performer. Employees also receive a ramp period up to 2 months to adjust to commission earnings and an annual continued performance bonus of up to $1,000.
- We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Cox’s highly competitive pay plus uncapped commission plan and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer free Internet and other Cox discounted services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so it’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who “get you.” At Cox, you’ll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- Growth is a good thing, and you’ll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
SIGN ON BONUS $2000 for eligible candidates - effective 6/30/21 *Eligibility - Only for external candidates. Paid in 2 increments - 1/2 with first payroll cycle and 1/2 at 6 months after hire.
Who You Are
- HS diploma, GED, or relevant work experience required; some college with a focus in sales, business and/or management is a plus
- Ability to meet established sales, retention, and customer experience targets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively sell products using a consultative, solutions-based approach and influence customer decisions
- Ability to build relationships and adapt to a diverse customer base
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a service-oriented, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to be mobile within the store for long periods of time to greet customers and demonstrate products and services
- Computer literacy with an aptitude for learning communication products, services, and accessories
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds to help manage stock room inventory
- One year of experience in related field (i.e. Sales, Retail Sales, Service Industry, etc)
- Experience selling Wireless/Mobile products
- Fluency in Spanish, both written and spoken
Come join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.