With a focus on providing superior service and product knowledge, the meat sales clerk processes customer requests in an efficient, accurate, and courteous manner and helps prepare, slice, scale, wrap, and display meat department products, making sure our customers enjoy a clean, well-merchandised, colorful and inviting department.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Providing customers with excellent and helpful product information.
- Using the scale printer, wrapping machine, ensuring product descriptions, weights and pricing are correct.
- Understanding the importance of correctly using and monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement.
- Keeping a clean, neat and orderly, and well-stocked meat counter, meat service cases and self-service cases.
- Preparing, wrapping, weighing, slicing, and stocking meat department products, rotating them as necessary to ensure product quality and safety.
- Helping with the preparation of ready to go meat products.
- In some departments, the slicing, weighing and merchandising of prepared deli meats and cheeses.
- Displaying goods following deli department and/or merchandising guidelines.
- Taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the customer's satisfaction.
- Safety sensitive position.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Applicants for this position must be at least 18 years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.