JOB QUALIFICATIONS: JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plan and schedule a regular program of practice in season.
- Recommend purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms, as appropriate.
- Maintain necessary attendance forms, insurance records and similar paperwork.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted, at all times students are present.
- Establish performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in his sport.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and oversee penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Submit participant lists, bus times, travel lists and year-end reports relative to sport.
- Understand and follow rules and regulations as set forth by A.I.A. and Sierra VistaPublic Schools.
- Work cooperatively with coaching staff, teachers and administrators, parents and community members.
- Assist in issuance, maintenance and collection of equipment.
- Assume supervisory control over athletes and teams assigned, and over all athletes when such control is needed.
- Emphasize safety precautions; is aware of best training procedures and injury preventative action.
- Carry out all duties as assigned by the head coach and/or assistant principal in charge of athletics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PLEASE REFER TO JOB DESCRIPTION
MISSION: To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: OTHER INFORMATION: APPLY TO:
To be considered for a position, a composite of the following must be on file in the District Office at the date of closing:
- A letter of interest (in district applicants)
- A current on-line application (out of district applicants).
- A current resume.
- Three (3) current recommendations.
SALARY: DAYS: FROM - TO - GROUP / GRADE: START DATE: