Provide quality, accurate and timely customer service involving daily processing of financial transactions and opening accounts in a retail banking environment. Promote bank products through positive proactive sales to prospects and cross sales to customers, inform and educate both about products, services and benefits. Perform related duties i.e. outbound sales calls as required to achieve branch goals (meet/exceed sales goals/referral goals), and provide support to branch management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide teller/platform support as needed to keep the lines to a minimum and to provide quality customer service. Teller support would include performing daily processing of financial transactions, i.e. deposits, handling currency, coin, and cashing checks. Platform support would entail opening checking accounts, savings accounts, and provide all other deposit product services. Actively inform client of products/services, profile clients to identify financial needs, follow through, and close the sale.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of other bank services, i.e. Treasury Management, Merchant Services.
- Explain product benefits, changes, restrictions, requirements, and any other relevant product information to clients.
- Cross-sell and make referrals to bank partners to generate new business and deepen existing client relationships, participate in client calling activities during special deposit/loan campaigns.
- Responsible for taking loan application for personal/retail consumer needs and “handing off“ the processing of these applications to the appropriate associate.
- Assist branch management with “on the job training“ of new associates
- Participate in branch meetings to enhance knowledge of sales initiatives/processes, bank products, operational processes and “exceptional“ customer service delivery.
- Assist branch associates with all aspects of daily branch operations as needed.
- Perform all other job related duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 year of experience as a Teller
- Experience as both Teller and Relationship Banker strongly preferred
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS
Microsoft Office Suite- ie Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Access is a plus.
In addition, 10-key calculator; coin counter
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Ex: CPA, Series 6 or 7 license, etc)