Requisition Number: PRODU02143
At the core of every successful company, you’ll find a great team. Our team is truly a family and the heart and soul of the company. With a Purpose to “make tomorrow a little bit better than today” for each other, our customers, and our communities, we work together to create an environment where you can love what you do and be your best every day as you write yourself into the Lube-Tech story. And that’s one of the reasons we are the proud recipient of the 2019 & 2020 Top Workplace award, issued by the Minneapolis Star Tribune!
We promise to:
Provide a safe environment: We care about each other, and it’s a top priority to ensure we all go home to our families without an incident.
Celebrate what makes us unique: We look for greatness in everyone, listen to every voice, and find ways to bring out the best in each other.
Empower each other: We trust each other and create a place where everyone matters and can make a difference.
Since 1925, Lube-Tech and its founding companies have demonstrated a people-first, customer-focused approach. Lube-Tech is a family-owned company that provides advanced energy, fluid technology, lubricants, and services to OEMs and customers within the automotive, fleet, and manufacturing industries. Lube-Tech also operates Reliable Plus, a vehicle wash company that provides product and service solutions to customers within the c-store, grocery, fleet, and automotive industries.
The Production Machine Operator will perform repetitive workstation or line production operations to mass produce products onto a pallet by performing the following duties: produce product, label, pack, and stack. Receive materials in production workplace and verify inventory from forklifts using a computerized warehouse management system. Maintain accurate inventory through use of warehouse management system for prompt, timely, and accurate deliveries to customers. Attend informational, training, safety, and compliance meetings as scheduled.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 10:00 pm – 6:30 am
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function within the guidelines of the Lube-Tech “Team Ground Rules” and Mission Statement
- Perform processes to complete bottle filling assemblies and sub-assembly machines
- Follow written instructions on the work order for the production of various products
- Gather raw material needed for producing product, help set-up production line, and produce sample for quality inspection
- Upon inspection approval, produce product, label, pack, and load grouped orders onto pallets
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Document performance and quality of production line
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required
- Complete tasks as directed by production schedules with minimum supervision
- Utilize all material handling equipment safely, efficiently, perform all required safety checks and communicate need for repairs
- Package bulk material as required by a work order
- Accept schedule and direction when there are changes in workloads
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend monthly departmental and production meetings
- Minimal travel required for this position, e.g. On occasion travel may be required between locations depending on business needs
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience and/or Training:
- 1 year of related production line experience and forklift operator experience
- Must have a good command of the English language and the ability to read, communicate and understand written instructions
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems on the production line as they occur
- Understanding of KPMs and manufacturing packaging line processes
- General Quality & Safety Awareness
- Understanding of Lean Principles
- Ability to read and understand Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Basic mathematical abilities
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic Microsoft Office proficiency
- Inventory Management System (JDE)
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
Employee must have the ability to lift/carry up to 70 pounds and occasionally and push/pull drums weighing up to 400 lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or use hands, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and/or walk and climb staircases frequently. Employees may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations. Employee should have the ability to work flexible hours or weekends, as business needs dictate. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work performed in a warehouse environment and extreme heat (>80 degrees) during summer months. Employee may work at different workstations as production needs require, or shift from one station to another, during the production process. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – safety eyeglasses and safety steel-toe shoes are required. Work hazards – Safety concerns to include heavy products, light and heavy-duty machinery, forklifts, working in a congested and high activity warehouse. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are always working to ensure our teammates know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, comprehensive health and wellness benefits beginning day one, Lube-Tech offers employees a variety of perks, including:
Philanthropy – Giving back to our communities is woven into the fabric of who we are. Throughout the year, there are many opportunities for employees, and their families, to get involved and give back. The Employee Giving Program allows you to donate to a 501c3 nonprofit of your choice and the Bame Foundation will match your contribution, dollar for dollar!
Total Wellness – Your health and well-being are important to us which is why you’ll have benefit coverage on your first day of employment. Lube-Tech offers employees complimentary use of our onsite fitness facilities where available. In addition to physical wellbeing, Lube-Tech offers a variety of mental health, financial, and other resources to every employee.
Paid Time Off – All employees begin earning paid time off (PTO) upon hire, with the ability to earn 3 weeks of PTO in the first year of employment!
Paid time off when it matters most – We offer paid time off for bereavement & parental leave so you can be with your family when it matters most. We observe eight paid holidays and provide two floating holidays per year.
Profit-Sharing – A significant factor in employee engagement is believing you make a difference and have an impact on the success of the company. Lube-Tech has a history of sharing success with teammates through its quarterly Profit Sharing program.
Dress for your day – We know you’re more productive when you’re comfortable, which is why many roles at Lube-Tech allow for a casual dress work environment. We provide uniforms and personal protective equipment for many roles including drivers, technicians, and warehouse.
Lube-Tech is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants including women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.