Structural Engineering Intern - Available 2020
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Design of individual structural members on a project
- Structural analysis using structural software
- Attending meetings and learning from listening, asking questions and discussion.
- You will learn and apply the following skills:
- Structural software skills (training course, on-the-job)
- Structural analysis modeling (on-the-job)
- Learning about the Arup Structural Skills Network (introduction course, on-the-job)
- Learning to navigate through codes and/or guidelines.
- Working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, with emphasis on Structures
- 0 GPA or higher
- Coursework in structural analysis, advanced steel design and advanced reinforced concrete design
- Professional demeanor
- Skills in planning and organizing
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn.
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Working towards a Master's Degree in Civil Engineering, with emphasis on Structures
- Coursework in structural dynamics, earthquake engineering
- Internship experience with a design firm
- FE/ EIT certification
- Structural software skills, AutoCAD skills, Revit skills, 3D modeling skills (Rhino, SketchUp, etc.)
- Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
- Proven ability to perform in a deadline environment
- Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
- Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters
- Energy-Efficient redesign of the Joseph Vance Building
- Wilkes Elementary School
- St. Elizabeth Hospital
- Seattle Central Library
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.