WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
We're creating an airline people love. It begins with each Alaska Airlines employee, bringing unique strengths and energy to our work in the air and on the ground. Every day, we go beyond what's expected and reach for the remarkable, together.
This role is for a Software Engineer to work on a cross-functional software product team delivering new features, bug fixes and enhancements to support Alaska's guests and commercial goals.
Scope & Complexity
This individual contributor position supports software development activities for Alaska Airlines.
- Contributes as an engineer on a full-stack scrum delivery team, collaborating with product owners, designers and other engineers to solve complex technology and business problems.
- Engineers, tests, deploys, and supports complex, full-stack customer-facing software applications.
- Ensures delivery of high-quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, test-driven development (TDD), and continuous integration/delivery.
- Actively engages in the technology industry; incorporating emerging technology into their day-to-day work.
- Develops an understanding and working knowledge for the team's guest experience, business, and systems.
Job-Specific Skills, Education, and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or 2 years of experience.
- Experience developing web or mobile applications using modern technologies (React, Swift, etc.) OR Experience developing application platforms that work with large data sets.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to collaborate with a variety of team members.
- Demonstrated passion for continuous learning and development.
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD), unit testing, pair programming and other Extreme Programming (XP) techniques.
- Experience working as a full-stack engineer in an e-commerce environment
- Experience developing machine learning models in R, Python or Scala
- Experience developing data pipelines using Spark, Parquet, or equivalents
- Experience with modern design principles, such as the development and utilization of cloud APIs, single-page web apps, hybrid mobile development, and SOLID principles.
- Experience in agile/lean development methodologies.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines participate in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA), where required.
Job ID 34824
Location Seattle, WA
FLSA Status Exempt
Full/Part Time Full-Time