Do you want to work on arguably the largest NoSQL deployment on the planet? Join the team that invented NoSQL!
Amazon DynamoDB is one of the most critical and successful AWS services. It provides fast and predictable performance (millisecond latencies for reads and writes) with seamless scalability. We receive tens of millions of read and write requests per second to databases that are hundreds of terabytes in size.
There has never been a better time to join the team as we kick off the next wave of innovation that will take the service availability and latency numbers to a whole new level. Through these efforts we aim to grow DynamoDB by 10 times in the next 2 years.
We are looking for deeply technical, team-first-mentality leaders who are willing to commit themselves to this aspiration and eager to work on the core of DynamoDB.
As a software development manager on the Storage Plane team, you will be responsible for forging a strategy and architecture of the foundation layer for the entire service. Our code is responsible for storing petabytes of customer data in the most efficient way across thousands of machines, while providing highly reliable and low-latency access to the data.
We are a Tier Zero Amazon service, and everything we do must be super solid, scalable, efficient, and extremely fault tolerant. We also are rapidly adding features, both customer facing and internal, and you'll be involved in both. This is a hands-on position where you will be asked to do everything from leading the creation of new components to formulating strategy and evangelizing technology.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and scale an engineering team and drive cross-team projects. You need to demonstrate strong people and project-management skills and be able to educate others on project management and prioritization.
- Mentor and grow the engineers on your team and across the company.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
- Be very hands-on. Work with other managers and engineers to manage day-to-day development activities, and participate in design reviews, code reviews, and implementation.
- Help your team to deliver high-quality features on time and on budget, executing against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Perform data analysis to identify opportunities to improve fleet utilization and the availability of the storage layer.
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always being on the lookout for new technologies and working with management and the development teams to bring in new technologies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation