This is a full time position with benefits
$26-$26 based on experience (salaried)
Schedule: Mon – Friday 9am – 5pm
Medical, Dental, Vision + 403b Retirement Savings Plan
Paid Holidays & Time Off
CRISTA Senior Living is a Retirement Community under the umbrella of CRISTA Ministries. CRISTA is a Non-Profit faith based organization where passion meets vocation. Our mission is to serve the needs of the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. CRISTA Senior Living exists to enrich lives through inter-generational community living, where our residents, their families, and our staff encounter the love of Christ, allowing Him to enrich mind, body, and soul.
Are you passionate about serving others, making a difference in your community, and spreading the love of Jesus Christ? CRISTA might be the place for you. Apply today and start a Purposeful Career Journey!
The primary responsibility of the Social Worker position is to provide supportive social work services to residents in the CRISTA Nursing Center, while enabling them to attain and maintain the highest level of function which will bring joy and purpose to their lives. This position performs a professional social service role in a manner that meets professional standards and complies with Federal and State regulations and will work as member of the multi-disciplinary health care team. The Social Worker will organize and perform their assigned workload in a responsible manner, while exhibiting maturity and diplomacy in stressful situations like hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, staff, and/or government regulators.
1. Provide supportive social work services to residents in the Nursing Center to enable them to attain and maintain their highest level of physical, mental or psycho-social well-being.
2. Provide support and crisis intervention to residents and their families regarding:
- Orientation and use of facility services.
- Maintaining former community ties and sustaining life roles.
- Interpersonal or emotional problems associated with group living, changing physical and/or mental condition, other personal losses, including adjustment to the nursing home.
3. Collaborate as needed within the Social Work department.
4. As a member of the multidisciplinary health care team:
- Plan, implement, and coordinate the social services component of the care plan.
- Represent the resident and/or family to staff, interpreting social problem areas, plans, and goals.
- Attend resident care conferences.
- Serve as case manager in discharge planning process.
- Complete psycho social information on M.D.S. form.
5. Plan and conduct individual and group services for residents to address problems of adjustment, loss, institutional lifestyle and relationships and other pertinent subjects.
6. Document in the medical records all care consultation and direct services according to departmental procedure and state and federal regulations.
7. Establish data gathering methods for program evaluation and development with the Director of Resident Life Services.
8. Develop psycho social care plans and serve as discharge planner.
9. Act as the designated resident advocate, recognizing the contribution of all staff members in this role.
10. Ensure smooth transition of residents to the nursing home by working with the Admissions Coordinator and Director of Nursing.
11. Assist in providing in-service training to all staff in coordination with Staff Development.
12. Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, patients and customers.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Christian Commitment: A strong personal faith in Christ as demonstrated in attitude and actions.
2. Education: Bachelor’s degree with experience in social services, social work, health care or related degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience in social services, social work, health care or related field may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
3. Other Considerations:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Attend in-service education as required.
- Display maturity and diplomacy in stressful situations.
- Relate effectively with all members of the care team.
- Maintain a positive, supportive approach to the position.
- Problem solve in collaboration with the care team.
- Read, write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, patients and customers.