What you'll be doing…
At Tableau, we are on a mission to help people see and understand data. We create intuitive and powerful analytics software that enables thousands of leading organizations and millions of people around the world to find insights in their data. We are the Tableau Server diagnostic and monitoring team with the mission of designing and developing tools that will highlight key insights to help administrators uncover and investigate issues within their Tableau deployment.
As a senior developer on the team we look forward to leveraging your experience, leadership and passion to have a great impact on our products. Our team strives to achieve the highest level of engineering excellence while working in a diverse, inclusive and safe environment. Using a .NET code base our team builds full stack solutions that incorporates everything from database design and query optimizations to end-user facing web experiences.
Some of the things you'll be doing include …
- Building diagnostics and monitoring features that provide insights to customers on how to solve detected issues
- Working with other internal teams to evangelize and incorporate new alerts and possible categories of issues for detection and remediation
- Develop products that scale to meet the largest level of deployments our customers are running
- Evaluate existing processes & tools and recommendimplement changes to improve efficiency
- Maintain and leverage testing frameworks and QA best practices into the release pipelines
- Adopt and implement industry best practices around performance and resource monitoring
Who you are…
- Experienced. You have 5+ years industry (non-intern) experience coding enterprise software and a passion for solving complex problems. You have solid development skills with object-oriented languages (C#, Java, C++) and preferably web technologies. Experience with relational databases and SQL. Experience with the complete software development lifecycle. Experience developing scalable services using open source or contributions toward open source projects are a plus. Expert level knowledge of C#; experience with the .NET Core frameworks, RabbitMQ or other message queue framework; experience with Entity Framework, PostgreSQL and SQL Server; experience with both Windows and Linux development are all nice to have. A former test development background or are a current test development engineer role are also a plus.
- Relentlessly High Standards. You believe in automation and writing tests for your own code as a way of maintaining high quality in your products.
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better developers. When placed on a small team, other team members soon look to you for technical advice and direction
- Technically Savvy. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people – ensuring our code is robust, scalable, and that performant. Look beyond your assigned work for chances to “make things right“. Able to ramp up quickly on a new codebase.
- Problem Solver & Performer. Able to take a vague requirement, interact with the requester to clarify it, turn that into a solid design, and turn the design into reality. Been there, done that, made the mistakes, and are determined not to make the same ones again---or to allow others to.
- Customer Advocate. You understand customer requirements and prioritize for maximum customer / user experience.
- Communication. The ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a professional environment, and to build a consensus within and across teams
- You are a recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!