As a Senior Security Engineer, you'll be part of a team of highly skilled technical professionals whose primary responsibilities include the engineering and operations of mission critical security infrastructure. You will provide technical expertise while collaborating with project managers, engineers, developers and all levels of management to deliver service excellence and execute on strategic and tactical goals. The ideal candidate will be self-starter, creative problem solver and committed team player. Candidate will have a passion for building reliable systems and solving problems, supported by strong operational discipline and a customer focused attitude.
What you'll be doing
- Provide engineering support for critical security systems and services; including edge protection, firewalls, IPS, remote access, Load balancing and proxy services
- Partner with business and technical teams to maintain highly available, performant and cost-effective security systems and services
- Experience leading solutions development and complex technical deployments across cross-functional teams
- Write and contribute to project plans, author engineering level documentation, and develop detailed test plans
- Communicate clearly and effectively with our business customers, suppliers and partners
- Participate in an on-call rotation as needed
- Mentor junior engineers in business and technical skills
More about you
- Large-scale security, technology or ecommerce experience
- Strong customer service focus coupled with a proven ability to positively interact with customers of all levels within the organization.
- Solid networking background with understanding of TCP/IP, OSI model, Routing, Segmentation, Firewalls, Proxies and VPN
- Works within a framework of operational excellence, including documentation, visibility, and formal escalation processes
- Demonstrate an understanding of network security fundamentals and has pursued certifications or higher knowledge in information security
- Efficient and organized problem solver that can identify and resolve issues in a proactive manner
- Design and implement solutions both in physical data centers and in cloud environments
- Independent and entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for continuous improvement; an owner that drives change through automation and process streamlining
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibit a strong work ethic, high energy and a positive outlook
- Passionate about mentorship and inspiring others to succeed
- BS in Computer Science/ Engineering or equivalent education and experience required
- 7+ years' experience providing engineering and operations support of mission critical services
- Key Technology Focus: Cisco, Palo Alto, and Juniper Security Products
- Programming and/or scripting language experience (e.g. Python, Ruby)
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of systems design principles/technical architectures and a proven track record of technology selection, design, implementation and support
- Understanding of security protocols and standards, including a demonstrated ability to analyze log information, packet captures, security alerts, and artifacts (Splunk experience preferred)
- Effective written and oral communication, ability to communicate technical concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools
We've got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.