Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to add a Senior Salesforce Engineer to the Sales Technology team. You will have a proven track record implementing high-value business systems programs with clear metrics and measurable value. We anticipate surpassing $2B in annual revenue in the near future and will set our sights on $5B. It is essential that we get our processes and systems right for subsequent scaling and growth. This role is for you if possess a blend of engagement skills, critical thinking and a passion for amazing sales systems. Come join a collaborative and growing organization where you can make a difference.
The Sr. Salesforce Engineer will join the Sales Technology team at Splunk, working closely with leadership and internal customers as we supercharge our go-to-market capabilities. Working cross-functionally with a broad set of business partners, you will use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease to create holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while cultivating Splunk's long-range goals.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- You'll be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for innovating and simplifying the sales experience across channels, functions, and platforms.
- You'll be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
- You'll drive the innovative use of Salesforce.com as an enterprise business platform for a rapidly growing and evolving company.
- You'll facilitate maintenance and enhancement of the Salesforce.com platform for the Sales and Marketing teams.
What you'll need: I've already done that or have that!
- 7+ years of professional experience developing and maintaining Salesforce.com Visual Force pages, Apex classes and triggers as well as relational databases and data integration tools for supporting large scale, technically complex solutions on Salesforce and the associated ecosystem
- 7+ years of professional experience designing, configuring and executing Apex code, supporting test classes, Custom Objects, Workflow Rules, Custom Fields, Validation Rules and VisualForce Pages as well as experience integrating Salesforce with external systems
- An ability to create and deliver appropriate documentation, training and communication around feature(s) and process changes
- Analysis skills in order to identify and evaluate new capabilities to align with the company's growth and product vision, system functionality and prescribe rollout plans: including socialization, training, communication, testing and release management
- Thorough and current understanding of major enterprise business systems platforms and technologies including Salesforce, Impartner (or equivalent PRM), Apptus, NetSuite (or equivalent), CPQ (FPX preferred)
- Thorough understanding of integration concepts, methodologies, and technologies; functional knowledge of MuleSoft or similar Enterprise Service Bus technologies
Education: Got it!
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- SFDC certifications
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn't a job – it's a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's “Best Places to Work“ by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.