Req. ID: 226461
Recruiter: Mandy Winans
Micron Technology's goal is to transform how the world uses the information to enrich life. Our dedication to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global technology leader. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and teamwork while supporting our global community.
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference? Does technology and working directly with customers excite you?
Good! We are hiring.
This position can sit in Seattle, San Jose, or Boise.
As a Global Quality (GQ) Customer Mapped Quality Experience Engineer (CMQE) at Micron Technology, Inc., you are the voice of the customer for Quality. You will be the key customer-facing contact to manage your Customers' Quality requirements so that Micron is able to deliver an extraordinary Customer Quality Experience. You are accountable for the customer's product quality and reliability and identifying plans to bring Micron to the number one supplier quality ranking position. You will be responsible for reaching out to the customers to actively assess their needs and driving the best of breed standards internally. You will interact regularly with sales, field application engineers and internal partners to maintain alignment on quality and reliability issues and cultivate customer relationships.
- Be the voice of the customer for quality within Micron
- Provide technical or operational quality issue resolution support to customers
- Lead critical customer improvements/projects/initiatives that can improve quality and customer satisfaction
- Ensure customer requirements are reflected in Processes, Procedures & Standards
- Drive quality-related proactive and reactive communication
- Track, update & close all customer action items (AI) on time
- Work closely with the customer to resolve their key care-about
- Lead scorecard tracking and improvements
- Manage, schedule and lead quality engagements
- Communicate/track and close customer quality processes requirements
- Work with different internal teams to ensure robust, closed-loop on customer requests/ requirements
- Work closely with internal teams on the 8D problem-solving process to prevent reoccurrences
- Manage customer quality issues - timely containment, communication and resolution in customer manufacturing environments
CMQE Performance & Behavior Expectations
- Demonstrates leadership, proactiveness, assertiveness and accountability
- Demonstrating intellectual curiosity to fully understand customer experience associated with quality issues identified is a key attribute to the success
- Team leadership- influencing, relationship building, customer focus, efficiency, excellent interpersonal skills, and self- development
- Ability to communicate at various levels including executives
- The ability and willingness to travel when required; travel required (about 10%)
Master's Degree or higher in Engineering: Physics, Material Sciences, Computer Science, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or related field of study
3+ years' total experience in the following:
- Customer-facing technical engineering role in Quality, Field Applications or Technical Sales Engineering AND SSD Design, Product or Test Engineering
You will have:
- Strong knowledge of SSD design, product, test, system, or applications
- Working knowledge of modern storage architecture and interfaces (NVMe, SATA)
- SSD troubleshooting and failure analysis experience
- Hands-on experience with SSD testing
- Familiarity with semiconductor fabrication and packaging technologies, device physics, quality and reliability fundamentals, customer management experience
- Excellent English verbal, written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, with advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- The ability to work under tight timeframes, prioritize competing activities and aim for results is a must
- The ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand needs and translate them into actionable plans, deliverables, and resource requirements
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry's broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today's major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Micron Benefits Include: Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran's status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron's Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Seattle || Washington (US-WA) || United States (US) || Quality || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-MW1 || Tier 4 ||