Are you a seasoned IT Senior Project Manager that has experience in executing projects using both Waterfall and SCRUM methodologies? If so, we want to hear from you!
This is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a PMO team that is about to embark on an Agile transformation initiative for the Information Technology department. We are seeking Project Managers that have had experience with Agile transformation and that have actively executed projects using SCRUM and Kanban. Bonus points if you have experience working in JIRA for SCRUM and Kanban.
The IT Senior Project Manager's primary responsibility includes the design and execution of IT Operations and infrastructure projects. You will partner with stakeholders, lead internal teams, and 3rd party vendors during the planning, design, and implementation phases of projects to insure projects achieve goals, maintain standards, and maximize resource effectiveness. The ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in disparate geographic locations, and provide leadership and direction in a fast paced and transitional environment are essential to success. You will manage multiple projects and priorities and participate with IT management in the development of technology products, service standards and other efforts that impact operations. As a point of contact between operations and IT management teams, you will negotiate, resolve problems, and develop relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with outside vendors and contractors.
- Manage the planning, execution and control for multiple complex projects as assigned.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Provide leadership in the expansion and continuous improvement of IT Operations.
- Manage 3rd party vendor expectations and deliverables. Actively participate in vendor management with IT leaders to insure success
- Partner with project stakeholders, manage and receive feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team. Navigate escalations in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide planning for and execution coordination during operations maintenance windows.
- Writing and maintaining documentation such as project charters, project schedules, updates to design specifications, operations documentation, and user guides etc.
- Assist in managing the work intake process and scheduling associated.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of operational and deployment processes.
- Mentor IT project management teammates and act as a champion of IT project management methodology.
- Strong project management leadership skills with effective results focus within an information systems environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience partnering effectively across organizational structures and multiple management levels
- Demonstrated experience delivering multiple projects across one or more business units or program
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels and serve as a role model for teamwork
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours including pre-defined maintenance windows.
- Willingness to travel internationally occasionally to support projects globally.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- A passion for data, reporting, and working with Tableau's own products
- Willingness to jump in where and when you are needed, and the experience and professionalism required to meet your objectives.
- 7-10+ years of technology experience with hands-on roles in IT project management, infrastructure operations, or web operations.
- Technical experience with system administration, maintenance and management.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Experience delivering projects using a variety of approaches (Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid)
- Experience working with enterprise project and portfolio management tools (At Task/Workfront, ServiceNow, SmartSheet).
- Technical experience using Lean and DevOps technical approaches.
- Experience working within a project management methodology framework.
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!