The Global IT Deployment organization manages the IT Infrastructure scope of a complex suite of projects. It is responsible for the delivery of initiatives across business teams and operations groups within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Our projects deliver on the solutions that power the physical fulfillment of our customers' orders. These projects include the management of site launches across the globe that has a direct impact on the ability to ship packages to millions of Amazon.com customers across the world.
As an IT Portfolio Manager, you will lead a team of Program Managers with a variety of projects with significant scope and impact supporting several different areas of the business. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to deliver value to the customer, meeting the scope, budget, and timeline of the effort. Programs will be in disparate geographic locations and require strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams across your portfolio. You will focus on developing a team delivering the design, procurement, deployment, and life-cycle of IT infrastructure and equipment.
- Hire, train, and develop a team of IT Program Managers.
- Measure, monitor, and maintain the team's ability to meet or exceed KPI's.
- Develop and manage IT projects from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, hardware procurement, resource allocation, and project execution; coordinating remote work closely with field teams.
- Act as an escalation point for the portfolio and project stakeholders to manage risks, develop mitigation plans, and a path to green throughout the project.
- Own updates and knowledge documentation regarding hardware and equipment standards to ensure appropriate hardware standards are met and the correct equipment procured.
- Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope, identify risks/issues, and devising contingency plans.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths and with maintaining accurate project plans with real-time milestone, task, and project health data for your portfolio in the PPM tool.
- Provide frequent on-site monitoring and enforcement of installation schedules and vendor quality, inspect prospective and completed facilities following established standards and procedures, and ensure proper follow-up.
- Update or develop documentation on processes that are critical to successfully implementing your projects.
- Identify opportunities to streamline deployments, share best practices with your peers and leaders, and implement continuous improvement actions regularly.