Be involved in projects with our Federal Programs and Logistics Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Architect with mission critical facilities including Data centers experience. This position could work out of Seattle, WA; Federal Way, WA; San Diego, CA or Washington, DC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team on design projects, stakeholder interviews, existing conditions analysis, as well as presentations for Clients and other meetings as required.
- Responsible for managing design process and provision of high value technical expertise for relevant projects as assigned by the Project leadership.
- Coordinate with other team members and technical disciplines (Clients, Site Managers, Mechanical/ Electrical/ Structural/ Civil Engineers and Planning staff) for all facets related to design program implementation and construction. Prepare and conduct design review workshops.
- In-depth understanding of national and local codes and ability to analyze and implement building and zoning codes, as well as specific agency requirements and design standards.
- Develop construction documents for a wide range of Federal and public facilities.
- Ability to perform efficiently and independently within the design budget and schedule, to produce high quality deliverables responding to client's program.
- Conduct on-site observations and compliance checks, as well as facility condition assessments
- Review documents in various phases for design intent, material use and coordination. Ability to perform quality checks for design work for multiple disciplines.
- Supervise and mentor junior members of the team.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- 10+ years of practical experience in architecture.
- Architecture License
- Due to client requirements, the ability to obtain an active US Government issued Secret clearance is required
- Demonstrated abilities in negotiation, representation and liaison with all Stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Advanced proficiency in relevant current software including Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Vector works, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and contemporary 3D digital imagery software.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- This role is subject to a client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy. As such, employee may be subject to random drug/alcohol tests. A copy of the client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy will be provided during employee onboarding and is available upon applicant request.
- Must successfully complete and pass WSP's Motor Vehicle screening.
- Master of Architecture degree.
- An active Secret security clearance.
- NCARB Certification
- Experience in the following areas: Microsoft, Department of Defense, Federal Agencies, Architecture/Building Design, Concept Planning, Facilities Blocking & Stacking, Facilities Master Planning, Feasibility Analysis, Military Master Planning, Renderings & Presentations, Secure Facilities Planning, Secure Space Planning, Site Analysis & Design, Site Suitability Analysis, Space Programming, Space Planning, Tenant Fit-Out, Urban Design, Construction Documents.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA Inc., WSP USA Buildings Inc., and WSP USA Services Inc. (collectively “WSP USA“) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
This position is contingent upon WSP being selected for a contract or program we are currently pursing.
This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.
WSP USA Inc., WSP USA Buildings Inc., and WSP USA Services Inc. (collectively “WSP USA“) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
Login to Apply User ID: Password:
Other Options Create an account
Return to search results
- Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart