Job Summary: As part of our Seafood Department, this position participates in product management, merchandising, and food preparation. Contributes to the Company's success through the achievement of our customer service and operating standards.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
- Effectively performs seafood cutting responsibilities; minimizes shrink while producing products attractive to customers.
- Participates in executing Seafood Department merchandising and displays.
- Readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Adheres to food temperature requirements, including hot and cold holding specifications. Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market's quality expectations.
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales, meet revenue goals, and best service customers.
- Participates in quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Seafood Department Manager and/or Store Director team.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum one-year seafood experience required.
- Proven success as a team member.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Possesses creative merchandising and display skills.
- Possesses comprehensive product information with a willingness to use knowledge to best service customers.
- Possesses a genuine interest and enthusiasm for fine food.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes), national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
Are you a returning applicant?
Previous Applicants: Email: Password:
If you do not remember your password click here.
Back to Search Results
Met Market Team Members Career Path
Enter our employee website and apply internally for open positions
Search & Apply
Guiding Principles for Our Culture
- Service to the customers comes first.
- We make every effort to meet our customers' needs.
- We welcome our customers with warmth, genuine friendliness, and respect.
- We deliver efficient, courteous service.
- We seek out and deliver the highest quality products available.
- We share our knowledge of food and related products with our customers.
- We maintain a well-kept, visually appealing environment.
- We are devoted to making a contribution to our community.
Reserve Your Holiday Meal Holiday Recipes Shop Here Find Your Store Great Deals
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Sell To Us
- Butcher Shop
- Prepared Foods
- Saved Recipes
- My Met Market
- Check Gift Card Balance
- Email Sign Up
- Find A Store
- Queen Anne
- Sand Point
- West Seattle
- Contact Us
- Sign Up For Offers