We are seeking a passionate, technically orientated Sales Manager to champion sales of the world's most identifiable bands, WD-40® and all the product lines. This home based position, located in Seattle, Washington or Portland, Oregon, is responsible for the implementation of company sales and marketing programs within the $2M territory of the Pacific Northwest that includes Alaska and Hawaii and an account concentration in the industrial, automotive and hardware channels. The successful candidate understands our customer and end-user needs across all brands and channels in order to prepare compelling technical and solution-based presentations, negotiate and ultimately close sales.
The Sales Manager is also responsible for partnering with independent brokers/service providers in support of sales pull through activities, education, program execution, etc. In addition, the Sales Manager will integrate customer retail category management/leadership programs.
If you are a driven, successful sales leader with the ability to develop productive relationships across all levels and want to contribute to a growing, world class brand, please consider joining our tribe!
- Actively sells all WD-40 Company brands across multiple trade channels to direct and indirect customers to achieve sales, EBITDA goals in line with Company strategies.
- Actively identifies new business, solicits and closes prospective customers.
- Presents broad technical product knowledge of all WD-40 Company's product specifications, features, benefits and applications in a concise, consultative, and convincing manner to provide customers with appropriate solutions
- Makes product solution recommendations as well as provide technical support
- Secures strategically placed off-shelf, secondary displays and promotions within existing and new customers.
- Responsible for accurate and timely forecasting
- Proactively develops and contributes to cross-functional sales/promotion/category leadership plans and programs to maximize sales. Develops EBITDA advantageous account-specific programs in partnership with sales, marketing and third party agents.
- Communicates with third party representatives to educate and reinforce product knowledge, sales goals, programs, and company values.
- Collaborates, prepares and presents customer's request for proposal.
- Ensures that distribution and department plan-o-grams and catalogs are maintained to obtain measured sales goals.
- Reports on activities and goal attainment to plan and establishes, reviews, and appropriately adjusts time and territory management plan to meet goals.
- Supports national customers/programs
- Responsible for selection of and participation in trade shows and integration of promotions/ideas
- 5+ years of relevant technical consumer packaged goods sales experience, ideally with chemicals across a broad array of channels to include: automotive, industrial, hardware, farming, etc.
- Experience identifying and opening new accounts
- Successfully executed account management, business development, and sales within a wholesale automotive, hardware, industrial, and/or miscellaneous channels to achieve desired metrics
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiating skills in a direct or indirect sales capacity.
- Bachelor Degree in business or relevant field. MBA, highly desirable
- Ability to travel domestically up to 45%
- Current and valid driver's license is required – company car provided
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why“ is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why“ is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- If you believe in our “why“ this is the place for you
- Over 93% employee engagement as of February 2018 global employee survey
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
- Learning based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
We've Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provide you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; profit sharing, annual cash incentive reward potential for everyone, tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, short day Fridays and much more!
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!