Reports to: Mortgage Processing Supervisor
Functions Supervised: None
Primary Functions: Process mortgage loan applications in combination with assigned originator(s).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify all information received in the mortgage loan application via letters to employers, banks, creditors, etc.
- Maintain logs and files as necessary regarding mortgage loan applications processed.
- Order appraisals, surveys and updated credit reports, as directed by the Underwriter.
- Communicate and coordinate with originators and members, collection of documentation and information, stipulations/conditions or any other pertinent data needed to submit to underwriting and obtain approval.
- Address member concerns and inquiries quickly, professionally and courteously.
- Input, validate and confirm all required data into appropriate Automated Underwriting (AU) system(s) required for approval and closing.
- Order items timely and accurately to ensure processing time frames are met and production standards and goals are achieved.
- Respond to Quality Control and Loan Delivery requests within specified time lines as directed by each department.
- Review processed loan packages prior to submission to ensure completeness, quality, and accuracy.
- Demonstrate strong pipeline management and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Assist in training other Processors.
- Participate in seminars and other training to maintain required knowledge and skill development. Complete all required training within specified deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: Not Applicable
Experience/Skills: One to two years in the Processor II position or prior mortgage experience. Two plus years direct public contact preferred. Expert at typing with a knowledge of Microsoft office, some math aptitude and letter composition familiarity. Strong knowledge of most program processing requirements.
Tenure: Processor III, category 11 requires 1-2 years tenure in a Processor II, Category 12 position with a meets or exceeds expectations. Directly related work experience and/or accelerated training completion may be substituted for tenure.
Apply Online Send This Job to a Friend