About the team
Zillow's Artificial Intelligence team builds prediction models and big data systems for Zestimates, personalization engines, search ranking, computer vision, targeted advertising, and many other cutting-edge analytic products that power Zillow's industry leading online marketplace. We empower the analytics and product teams across the Zillow Group's brands to provide insights about the real-estate agents and people who use our product to grow the premier agent business, increase sales efficiency, and build end-to-end user experiences. zillow.com/data-science
About the role
At the core of every buyer & seller's journey is a great real estate agent. Zillow Group helps millions of people find that perfect partner through our platform.
Zillow is seeking an extraordinary Senior Product Manager to lead the machine learning & analytics teams behind the algorithms that pair each of our customers with their ideal agent.
We're moving from a model where agents pay for share of voice to one where agents only pay when successful. That means we (and our models) get to select truly the best agent for each customer. This team sits at the nexus of one of Zillow's major strategic investments - and ultimately, is a leading determinant in millions of people finding their dream home.
You'll be the sole PM to lead the machine learning efforts, working with twenty scientists & engineers as well as partners from across our organization to set the roadmap and deliver solutions. This will require your team to use all the latest in modeling, data and infrastructure techniques to not only build matching & ranking models, but also work to deeply understand how we help educate agents on the best ways to help their customers.
- Lead vision, strategy, and tactical work for Agent AI
- Foster strong connections across ZG's AI, Product, Business, Sales, and Marketing teams to better align your team's vision & roadmap.
- Translate user stories into concrete requirements and plans, and partner with our engineering teams to deliver
- Stay head of ML science & infrastructure trends to help make state of the art approaches available to all of ZG
- Drive the strategy across all the major components of our model & product portfolio
- Clearly communicate vision, plans, and results to partner teams, executives, and other decision makers
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field (Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred)
- 5+ years industry experience as a Product Manager
- Experience defining product vision and strategy
- Using a metrics driven product development approach
- Creating product specifications, user scenarios, and preliminary concepts
- Experience partnering with engineering teams to deliver products
- Comfortable with quick iteration and experimentation
- Creative problem solving skills, analytical thinker and passion for new technology
- Experience working with data to power machine learning based products
- A creative problem solver and master of cutting through ambiguity
- Knowledge of AWS Platform such as Amazon Redshift, Hadoop, Hive, and Presto. Experience with Spark and Python a plus.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative cross-team environment
Get to know us
Zillow is the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help. Zillow is part of Zillow Group, whose mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.