Amazon is seeking an experienced, smart and entrepreneurial candidate to join a confidential new program. This individual will be responsible for re-inventing the fashion supply chain and pioneering supply chain and manufacturing capabilities that do not yet exist to deliver new products to customers around the world.
What makes this job awesome: If you're inspired by challenging the status quo in a startup environment and building an entirely new business and supply chain from the ground up, this position is for you. In this role you will define global supply chain strategies and invent processes to design, develop and deliver new fashion products that will delight customers. The successful candidate must be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with high attention to detail, and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This candidate must possess the ability to operate from a company-wide perspective and have a successful track record of driving cross-functional engagement and cross-business project development.
What you'll do day to day: You will be a thought leader by defining a global operations strategy and influencing others to act through scalable systems and processes. You will work collaboratively with product managers, brand managers, technical designers, sourcing managers, central operations and logistics teams, and external partners to build a new supply chain. You will negotiate with external partners and own all aspects of planning for new product development and supply chain processes from manufacturer to consumer. You will work with global suppliers and manufacturers to invent, deploy, and continually improve new capabilities.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge in the following disciplines:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in inventory management, operations and supply chain management, planning and logistics, and/or program management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented with the ability to problem solve independently.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional project teams and execute complex projects across multiple organizations (Product, Tech, Operations, Finance, etc.) to enable the launch of new projects and processes
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build partnerships with external and internal partners to invent new capabilities successfully integrate and deploy them.
- Willingness to challenge and influence big leaders
- Analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases