Amazon is looking for an International Tax Manager based in Seattle, Washington at the company's headquarters to assist with US inbound and outbound planning. The candidate must be comfortable directly liaising with various business teams within the company with an aim of gaining a deep understanding of the business vision and model in order to develop comprehensive tax solutions in support of the business, develop tax requirements that clearly articulate such solutions, and drive the implementation of the tax requirements.
This position will support a variety of business teams and internal tax leads for the business teams. The ideal candidate will have experience evaluating issues related to retail and services business. The candidate will also work closely with other members of the global tax department to communicate current and future business plans, obtain cross functional tax subject matter input, and ensure coordination of cross functional tax solutions. This role will operate with a high degree of independence and be expected to collaborate effectively to function as a technical tax advisor and support different tax business leaders.
Primary job duties include a combination of:
- Providing income and indirect tax subject matter expertise to various business and IT organizations including Business Development, Marketing, Legal, Customer Service, and various product groups
- Providing end-to-end tax requirements (covering high level structuring through implementation) for projects and new business initiatives
- Actively participating in projects throughout their lifecycle from planning through delivery
- Evaluate the tax effect and implications of international business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals to advise management on the tax implications
- Collaborate with business units to proactively identify and research international tax planning opportunities
- Work closely with the tax business leaders to drive projects from a technical perpsective
- Involvement in general indirect tax (VAT, GST, Sales Taxes) issues such as research related to tax calculation and compliance, and other advanced e-commerce topics
- Analyze U.S. international tax laws and apply them to various business proposals
- Analyze foreign direct and indirect tax laws and apply them to various business proposals
- Prepare FAS 5 and FIN 48 memos and related analysis
- Monitor industry positions relevant to Amazon's international business operations
Candidate should be able to work well with cross functional teams. The candidate must be able to communicate, written and verbal, very complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
This position is not directly involved in compliance and will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and supporting the tax leadership group.