Responsible for working with the Division Vice President to identify new market growth areas. This is a high visibility position which includes frequent exposure to the CEO & Executive Team. Key responsibilities are to lead the division's new market growth efforts including identifying target markets and developing business plans or potential investments. Primary focus is on executing organic growth initiatives in electronics manufacturing market segment beyond current presence. This position is home based. Ideal candidate will be close to a major city e.g. LA, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Seattle or Denver.
Graco is a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of highly-engineered systems for numerous industrial and commercial applications. This position supports our Applied Fluids Technology Division (AFTD) in Minneapolis, MN. Products from AFTD are used to dispense high performance coatings and foams used in insulation and industrial coatings. This role will focus on selling products for the electronics manufacturing group ( [ Link Removed ] ). Graco was proud to be named a Best Place to Work in Manufacturing and Production by Fortune Magazine in 2016, 2018, & 2019.
- Lead the Division's new market growth efforts including identification, evaluation, pursuit, and execution.
- Development of business plans for new projects.
- Establish a deep network of industry contacts including company owners and/or key executives.
- Identify strategic growth areas.
- Develop unbiased market entry strategies including evaluation of acquisition, organic, private label, and other market entry alternatives.
- Frequent travel to trade shows, industry events, and introductory meetings.
- Conduct market research.
- Close work with divisional sales, marketing, and engineering managers.
- Perform staff management and administrative duties of: recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and disciplinary actions. Manage staffing and budgetary requirements and set department performance standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or equivalent (Masters preferred)
- 10+ years of successful sales, marketing, engineering and/or and business development experience.
- Experience in electronics market segment preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of business operations, marketing principles and management skills and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with individuals at all organizational levels, both internally and externally.
- Strong evidence of leadership and management skills.
- Ability to manage and influence a cross-function team with few direct reports and whose members have additional responsibilities outside of the team
- Superior project management and organizational skills combined with the ability to manage multidimensional strategic projects at one time.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and influence employees of all levels and from various business groups.
- Must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
Proven Quality. Leading Technology. Launch your career with Graco!
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits and opportunities for both professional development and career progression. Graco's comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!