What you'll be doing…
As the Director, Technical Support for the Americas you will promote a customer-centric support culture that goes above and beyond what the customer expects, and will ensure that every Tableau technical support contact is positive. You are an exceptional, customer oriented leader who has operated at the executive level. You will help grow and optimize the Support team for growth in the Americas; identifying and promoting opportunities to reduce the amount of direct support required through product improvements, training, tooling, online support, and self-service. You will provide individual and team leadership and motivation by establishing clear expectations and coaching employees to achieve Tableau's support goal. Ideally, you have high growth and scale leadership experience within fast-paced tech companies. You are a root cause oriented problem solver who, from diagnosis and prescription through alignment and implementation, demonstrate sound judgment and excellent communication. As an experienced recruiter and people manager, you will streamline and drive recruitment, development and retention of talent. You are excellent in front of customers and partners as well as a strong collaborator with the sales teams in our collective pursuit of enabling our customers' success, adoption, and growth.
Some of the things you'll be doing include…
- Leadership and management of the Technical Support team including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management.
- Actively monitor support emails/tickets and ensure all tickets are resolved in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Review and respond to customer feedback from surveys and other sources and act on feedback as needed to resolve issues permanently.
- Develop strategies to improve the customer experience, team performance, morale, and cohesion with other internal teams.
- Coach team members to provide customer-centric support that solves the problem, taking into account customer preferences.
- Coach team members on troubleshooting methodology, call handling skills, and engaged diagnostic techniques.
- Coach team members to guide customers toward self-serve support options in a service- oriented manner.
- Serve as management level escalation and pursue each escalation as an opportunity to turn the customer around and into a fan.
- Monitor and respond to Technical Support escalations as needed solving systemic issues permanently.
- Identify training topics and schedule continuing education.
- Keep abreast of product plans and schedule trainings/briefings for Technical Support.
- Drive operational improvements which streamline processes, leverage automation and enable scale.
- Drive and measure Technical Support outcomes and effectiveness within the assigned geographical region and market segment.
- Represent thought leadership in Business Intelligence industry, technologies, and methods of deployment/management at public events.
- Build and maintain relationship with senior stakeholders in our largest or most influential.
- Create an environment of innovation and continual improvement to re-imagine how we deliver Support to our customers.
- Serve as a thought leader in the Technical Support organization by keeping up to speed on the latest best practices and available tools.
Who you are…
- Experienced. 7+ years of management experience, managing large/scaling/geographically distributed teams in a software product/technical support department.
- Strong Leader. Entrepreneurial and “lead from the front“. You're a proven leader and motivator, with deep experience building and leading geographically distributed technical support organizations.
- Customer Focused. You have a strong empathy for customers.
- Excellent Communicator. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. You have proven experience building strong internal and external relationships, with the ability to articulately present and debate recommendations at the executive level.
- Technically Savvy. You have an analytical, data driven, and process-oriented mindset. Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred. Knowledge of Salesforce also preferred.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!