About the team
Directs the development of company market requirements for specific product(s) or product line(s), including product strategy definition, requirements analysis, and pricing. Monitors the development of business plans, assesses market penetration, and product positioning to drive competitive advantage, revenue and market share. Reduces broad concepts and business strategies into structured product marketing plans. Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs. Establishes pricing strategies and develops marketing tools for successful product introductions. Communicates customer feedback to engineering, manufacturing and sales to enhance existing product(s) or product line(s). Leads new product definition and business plans with joint departments. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
About the role
This is a high visibility role that will directly impact both the ZPA business and the overall development of the Zillow brand. You will be responsible for the following:
Building and leading a world-class team of Product Marketers is the number one priority. As a leader, you will set a high bar for the team, fostering an environment where everyone can thrive. You will create clarity from ambiguity, and act both strategically and decisively in setting the team vision and goals. You will do so by building relationships that are transparent and engender trust and shared success.
Identifying what is most needed and most compelling to customers – and sharing that insight back into the organization to influence product strategy, prioritization, marketing investment, and related messaging.
Leading the cross-functional development and execution of go-to-market strategies and plans designed to drive desired business-critical metrics (e.g., awareness, consideration, trial, and adoption).
Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on product marketing program performance and making recommendations to improve both the product offering itself and related marketing and messaging.
Identifying and delivering new business opportunities to drive growth for ZPA through cross-selling, promotions, partnerships, or other programs, with the potential to deliver customer and partner value at scale.
In addition, as a senior leader in the marketing organization, you will help build a world-class marketing team, best-in-class brands, scalable business processes, and strong cross-company relationships.
- Partner with PA Leadership to deeply understand the business including vision, near term, and long term goals, operations, technology, sales, gaps & opportunities, and the P&L
- Partner with PA Product to map innovation to the greatest customer need and market opportunity. Influence product innovation to maximize customer success, often requiring a cross-business lens.
- Identify the sales & partner priorities and sales plays, supported by comprehensive sales enablement resources including content, resources, tools, and insights to crush their revenue and engagement targets.
- Lead the annual marketing planning process for ZPA and continue to optimize and iterate on that plan throughout the year.
- Identify and socialize key customers' needs and unmet growth opportunities through partnerships with Consumer Insights, UX research, or 1st and 3rd party research.
- Recruit, nurture and retain a best-in-class team of product marketers.
- Partner with Brand Strategy to extend the Zillow narrative through ZPA, defining the products, features and RTBs needed to support.
- Define the value proposition and messaging framework for prioritized ZPA products. Own “the brief.“
- Lead cross-functional teams in the development of go-to-market strategies and plans designed to drive desired business outcomes. Work with media, lifecycle, social, and other communication channels to support appropriate people and budgetary investment levels, and develop tactical plans.
- Together with the product team, educate both internal and external teams about our product features and their benefits.
Who you are
You are a strong leader and a great people manager. You motivate and inspire even as you ask tough questions and challenge the status quo. You love working in a fast-paced environment and collaborating across teams. You can drive both strategy with creative solutions, and execution in a cross-functional organization. You come with a successful track record of cultivating both trust and influence with key partners, driving quantifiable business and customer outcomes, and building a brand for the long haul. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
- Experience (10+ years) in product or brand management – preferably with a technology company/brand
- Experience (3-5 years) in hiring and leading high-performing teams in a cross-matrixed environment.
- Success launching and scaling both mass-market consumer and B2B products or services that both drive the business and strengthen the brand.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to drive recommendations and decision making with data.
- Experience creating integrated marketing plans to support product launch and expansion efforts.
- Experience working with marketing channel leaders to shape marketing strategy and drive tactical execution.
- Expertise in one or more communication channels is a plus.
- Executive-level communication skills and excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to confidently analyze business results and report performance to executive leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to influence others without authority to get things done in a timely fashion; balance multiple priorities adapt to changing business needs and meet deadlines.
- MBA preferred.
- Must love this stuff.
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web. We are on a mission to rewire the real estate transaction and are building transformational tools and services that make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love. We are working to create an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle -- for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers - and we're well on our way. No matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
See what information we collect about you.