Revenue and headcount growth in the sales team has created the need for a critical leader, specifically a need for an in-territory Director of Enterprise Sales, Pacific Northwest Region. This role will lead a team of Enterprise Account Executives. The ideal candidate has a track record of beating revenue targets, leading a team of exceptional SaaS sales professionals, is comfortable with a complex technical space and thrives on mentorship and working deals with their direct reports. This person needs to be an expert at positioning business value, selling enterprise software solutions, managing complex sales cycles, and building relationships with key, executive stakeholders. The position will be responsible for building the sales plan for achieving a bookings quota target, managing the sales forecasting process, and coaching the team of business development and sales professionals to achieve and exceed the target quota.
- Drive Revenue Success: Own and exceed monthly enterprise segment sales targets
- Build and Implement Strategic Plans: Develop and execute evolving revenue plans
- Create Trust-Based Relationships: Partner with customers for the long term
- Distill Customer Needs and Value: Understand enterprise business needs and objectives
- Manage the Front-Line Voice of Databricks: Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Read the Market: Understand category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Build and Manage the A-Team: Hire and manage a growing team of sales executives, coach them via joint selling and regular pipeline reviews
- Create Revenue Predictability: Produce weekly forecasts based on pipeline trends and deal assessments
- Partner with Marketing: Contribute to top-of-funnel outreach efforts, target acquisition, and nurture campaigns
- Seasoned (10+ years) high-growth enterprise software sales executive with Director-level tenure at a successful and reputable organization.
- In-depth knowledge of how software is positioned and sold to IT executives within the enterprise west region. Experience selling a big-ticket product into Fortune 1000 C-suites is a plus.
- Quality pedigree. Brings a good mix of large companies known for sales execution as well as high-growth small companies. Proven ability to move the needle.
- Excellent C-level communication skills
- Experience in leadership roles in developing and managing new sales organizations and building a team of successful big data, Cloud, or SaaS sales professionals
- Must be knowledgeable in and passionate about Spark, big data, and cloud technologies
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach
- Proven expertise with teaching, coaching, and training sales methodologies
- Strong track record of exceeding company sales quotas in a complex sales environment
- Experience in territory management and planning at the regional and account levels
- Strategic thinker with a sales mentality, as well as analytical ability and a proven ability to execute strategy.
- Strong leadership and customer relationship skills.
- Contract negotiation and deal forecasting experience
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and organizational skills required, able to articulate and evangelize the value of the Databricks product
- Willing to travel as needed throughout the region
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA a plus
- Competitive salary with uncapped commission and aggressive accelerators
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.