Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. AWS customers look for ways to improve their deployment of AWS via excellent customer experience, and often times want to augment their cloud deployments with sophisticated new capabilities. While doing so they also want to reduce complexities and costs, and this is done by transforming their operational and financial business models. A new service called AWS Managed Services (AMS) is focused on helping accelerate Global 2000 Enterprise adoption of cloud services by providing a service that automates and helps them operate their infrastructure services on AWS in a secure, compliant, and scalable posture.
AWS is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) for the AMS offering. The BDM will be responsible for defining, building and deploying effective and targeted programs to accelerate broad based sales and business development activities. The BDM will facilitate the enablement of business development, sales and solution architects with specific customer centric value proposition about AMS and will directly interface with the AMS product management and development teams regarding customer and partner requirements. The BDM will work closely with AWS business development, sales and partner teams to position AMS for customers and partners, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners can achieve with the service.
In addition, the BDM will define and drive a process that the organization will follow to accelerate sales and partner-management engagement on AMS customer and partner opportunities. The BDM will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and support teams, including senior management.
The BDM will work with business development, sales and solution architect teams to track, prioritize and close customer engagements that would benefit from the service, and collaborate and coordinate cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate. The BDM will work closely with Business Practices and Cloud Economics teams to establish programmatic ways to drive more scale of adoption via constructs and a nomenclature (e.g. ITIL) that make sense for Enterprise customers and the business.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large Enterprises and Enterprise partners. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing and managed cloud services to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses and the business process changes required to adopt cloud technology at scale. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, ITIL, and has done market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations, and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling to Enterprises and Enterprise Partners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Define, build and deploy enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around the AMS offering;
- Engage, support and scale business development and sales teams across AWS to be capable of delivering the AMS value proposition to enterprise customers and partners;
- Exhibit proactive ability and expertise in setting customer discussions via AWS sales and partner teams;
- Exhibit cloud managed services expertise and experienced handling and scaling sales campaigns with enterprises and enterprise partners;
- Exhibit expertise and drive field and partner readiness for enterprise customers;
- Engage in senior level (CxO) customer meetings to discuss customer's business issues and explore how AMS can address and resolve these issues.
- Serve as an evangelist for the new service within AWS, and externally
- Develop a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, Business Development and marketing teams
- Establish metrics to measure and track related to adoption of the service, and field seller awareness with a continual focus on improving the approach based on those measurements.
Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics