Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Among the top medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report “America's Best Hospitals“, UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW's School of Medicine. The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
UW Medical Center has an outstanding opportunity for a TEMPORARY/HOURLY ANESTESHIOLOGY TECHNICIAN 2 (Rotating/Variable Shifts) in our UWMC Surgical Unit.
We are looking for a health professional with experience in providing excellent direct patient care with anesthesia prior, post, and during medical procedures. The Anesthesiology Technician 2 assists the operating room physician in preparing patients for surgical operations and procedures, examines patient vital signs, gathers data from monitors, assists physicians in the operation and maintenance of anesthesia equipment and devices, and observes patients post procedure. Patient age groups include newborn, infant, pediatric, and adults. The Anesthesiology Technician 2 is an integral and essential member of the Operating Room Team and performs detailed procedures critical to the care and well-being of UWMC patients.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain, operate, and troubleshoot equipment used for patient care and monitoring that is related to anesthesia. Equipment includes blood pressure monitors, EKG's/EEG's, and clinical analyzers.
- Maintain, operate, and troubleshoot equipment used as ancillary support to Anesthesia, such as, but not limited to, computers, computer peripherals, diagnostic, or quality controls.
- Obtain blood samples and provide blood parameters to medical staff as directed. (This requires acquiring a MA-Phlebotomy certification from the State of Washington within the first three months of employment. This certification is required to perform expected and necessary duties of an Anesthesia Technician at UWMC.)
- Low-level and high-level disinfection of all anesthesia equipment.
- Identify, understand, and be able to communicate physiological information pertinent to the performance of the roles of an Anesthesia Technician at UWMC.
- Assist UWMC OR staff with training of medical staff in routine and emergency use of anesthesia monitoring and resuscitation equipment.
- Related duties as trained and required to support Anesthesia Services.
This is a Temporary/Hourly position, hours and shifts may be rotating/variable. REQUIREMENTS: Associate of Arts Degree in Biomedical Electronics; OR two years of post-secondary education/training with emphasis in the sciences and one year of work experience in electronics service, maintenance and repair; OR two years of experience as an Anesthesiology Technician I, Paramedic, Laboratory Technician, or equivalent.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
Competitive candidates will have a strong patient care background such as EMT or Paramedic training.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Acquire MA-Phlebotomy certification from the State of Washington within the first six months of employment.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.