Angels of Care Pediatric Home Health is looking for an Intake Coordinator in the Sherman, TX area. Angels of Care Pediatric Home Health is a family and clinically owned company that has been caring for the medically fragile community since 2000! We pride ourselves on our values: Heart, Advocacy, Love, Outreach and Speed! #HALOS
At our company, nurses are able to get back to why they became nurses: To provide direct, one-on-one medical care to medical fragile individuals and to make a difference in the lives of their patients and families. Our nurses work flexible and predictable schedules with full clinical support anytime day or night.
We are looking for an experienced Intake Coordinator to join our team.
The Intake Coordinator is responsible to coordinate and maintain new intakes for Angels of Care clients and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Evaluating patients referred to home care from the hospital’s (Case Managers, Doctor’s Office etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle customers in a calm, professional, friendly and patient manner.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to type accurately.
- Process all necessary paperwork on all new patients in a timely manner and in accordance with established protocols.
- Obtain all clinical pertinent information (including but not limited to: demographics and insurance information, clinical intake assessment information, or other information as directed) on incoming patients by interviewing parent/patients (or their families) in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Answer and screen all inquiry calls. Follows-up on inquiry calls to schedule Intakes on potential admissions. Verifies insurance benefits. (Medicaid and if needed Private insurance)
- Collects clinical data to facilitate admission process.
- Assigns Intakes and RA to the appropriate Case Manager in a timely manner.
- Communicates with community health related persons (Caseworkers) to coordinate the Start of Care.
- Participates in orientation, in-services, and staff meetings as scheduled
- Develop and maintain a positive work climate and support the overall mission of the Angels of Care.
- Function as a core member of the Intake Department.
- Regularly communicate with Supervisor, other team members and interface in a positive, constructive, and helpful manner to promote cohesiveness, reduce conflict, and provide for resolution.
- Respect the dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Performance Responsibilities:Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, the following listing applies to every employee.
All employees of the organization:
- Will exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Will strive to maintain positive internal and external customer service relationships.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions when clarification is needed.
- Must be able to be depended upon to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
- Will be expected to meet all productivity requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate team behavior and must be willing to promote a team-oriented environment.
Education and Experience Specifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Computer skills including, but not limited to, MS Office, MS Excel and Scheduling program.
- Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working conditions will be indoors at Angels of Care Corporate office.