Are you interested in a new career? We may be looking for you!
Trinity Rail Maintenance Services is searching for a strong leader to fill the open position of Mobile Repair Supervisor for the Shell Rock, Iowa area!
We welcome your business leadership and people leadership and drive to excellence.
Join our team today and be a part of Delivering Goods for the Good of All.
On this team, youll perform maintenance, modification, and rehabilitation of fabricated metal products and supporting operating systems according to work orders, blueprints, and schematics. Youll also test and troubleshoot product operation and make adjustments
What You'll Do:
- Perform preventive maintenance, structural, and mechanical repairs
- Determine causes of operating problems, consult schematics and order or fabricate replacement parts
- Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications. Tests and troubleshoots product operation and makes adjustments.
- Plan activities for multiple customer locations, guide crews on materials needed and proper repairs that meet AAR/FRA requirements
- Coordinate incoming inventory and material usage
- Prepare billing repair cards for collection of repair costs
- Coordinate and supervise the daily activities of hourly employees
- Lead employees in various repair functions including parts and component management, safety, quality assurance, etc.
- Follow appropriate procedures and diagnostic inspection for figuring out and approving work orders.
- Install and repair subassemblies or final product, related parts, and mechanical components
- Assemble fabricated parts to relatively large or heavy sub-assemblies or complete units
- Lay out reference points, position, align, and fit together fabricated parts of metal according to blueprint and layout specifications
- May fabricate parts as required
- Use hand tools, portable tools, hoists and cranes to move materials, parts and assemblies
- Applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials according to layouts, work orders, blueprints schematics and sketches using manual and/or semi-automatic welding equipment
- May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools
- Repair exterior paint
- Operate scissor lift (or scaffold)
- Perform basic exterior touch-up coating using a brush or roller
- May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications
What You'll Need:
- Ability to travel and work in required location
- Welding experience preferred
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record preferred(Required to drive Trinity vehicles)
- Minimum of 2 years of tank car manufacturing/repair lead/supervision
- Knowledge of AAR and FRA Rules and Regulations
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Ability to use all types of hand tools
Candidates must meet the following minimum requirements to operate a Trinity Rail vehicle
- Accepted candidates will be required to operate a TrinityRail Mobile Repair Truck, with some trucks requirement DOT regulated operators
- Possess a current valid drivers license
- Must have a clean motor vehicle record check for the previous 3 years
- A clean driving record means the employee has not been held at fault for a car accident, or arrested on charges of violating vehicle and traffic laws
Candidates who will be operating DOT regulated repair trucks must meet the following requirements in addition to the minimum requirements above
- If previous Commercial Motor Vehicle experience is listed, the motor vehicle record check will be for the previous 7 years
- Must complete and pass a DOT Physical
- Complete and Pass a Trinity issued road test
- Trinity will inquire to previous employers for commercial motor vehicle operation
- Subjected to annual certification of violations
- Subject to annual motor vehicle driving records