Shift Supervisor Trainee
Req Number: 918
Shift Supervisor Trainee
Sheldon, IA - Soy-003
AGP is hiring for a Supervisor Trainee in Sheldon, IA! The person in this role will be responsible for partnering with management and our operations crew to learn how to effectively supervise our team and our plant in order to maximize productivity. This entry-level position is a great opportunity to develop your skills and grow in your career in management and as an engineer!
- Supervises and trains production employees through scheduling, monitoring and assisting when needed
- Monitors equipment and facility for proper operations through reviewing logs, flash reports and visual and physical inspections
- Assists with production and maintenance as needed including loading, unloading, car moving, cleaning, and process operations
- Schedules trucking and production through reviewing production records and ascertaining needs
- Reviews daily production records and quality
- Assists with inventory control as needed, including counting and sampling
- Enforces company policies and procedures
- Writes daily reports
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Ag Processing Inc. is a cooperatively-owned agribusiness engaged in procuring, processing, marketing, and transporting of oilseeds, grains, and related products. Since our creation in 1983, AGP has grown in size, scope, and reputation – both in the U.S. and internationally. Our company has become the largest soybean processing cooperative in the world and has a diverse set of products, which includes renewable fuels, vegetable oil refining, ag products/grain, and international operations. AGP values its employees by offering competitive pay and a compensation package that includes:
- 100% employer funded pension plan
- 401k (Roth and traditional options) with a company match
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Health savings account, medical and dependent care flex spending accounts
- Paid time off
- Ability to work as member of a team in a production environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and strong analytical ability
- Handle multiple tasks and organize employee work scheduled to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must have strong safety awareness
- Must be willing to work various hours/shifts
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Ag Systems Technology, Ag Production Technology or similar experience is preferred.
Ag Processing Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.