Job Title: Pharmacy Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Pharmacy Revision Date: 02/2008
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Ensures cleanliness of department. Orders product and supplies and logs invoices as necessary.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store Director; Managers Of GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant Managers, Pharmacy Manager, Pharmacists
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Stocks received product and supplies and marks stickers accordingly.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Reviews prescriptions that are not picked up as requested by department manager.
- Orders product and supplies at the department managers request.
- Reviews invoices on product received.
- Coordinates nursing home medicines as necessary.
- Logs invoices as necessary.
- Prepares the paper work and compiles medicine for delivery orders and mail outs at the request of the department manager.
- Cleans, empties garbage, etc. to ensure the pharmacy has a clean and inviting appearance.
- Takes orders for refills from customers.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Gathers patient information required to prepare prescriptions.
- Keeps pharmacy supplies well stocked.
- Performs cash transactions.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes the sale.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience. Over six months up to one year of similar or related experience.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 10 pounds of force frequently; and exert a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to follow written, verbal or diagrammatic instructions; several concrete variables.
- Ability to do add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers.
- Possess the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people.
This position is exposed to noise on a daily basis. This is a fast paced work environment with significant pressure. There is an occasional exposure to dangerous chemicals/solvents while compounding products and chemotherapy drugs.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
PC with pharmacy software and printer, cash register, Telexon ordering unit, pharmacy balance, scanner, calculator, telephone, fax, and copier.
Maintains the confidentiality of the customer's private medical information.
repairs on equipment.
Deals with the general public on a daily basis, works with suppliers/vendors monthly.