OPPORTUNITY: We are a Foodservice cup forming manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Shelbyville, Illinois team. This job posting is for a Quality Assurance Clerk. Pay begins at $17.68 Start, progressing to $18.56 at 6 Months, plus $0.75/hour night shift. We continually encourage our employees to advance their careers through on-the-job training and job progression through our strong promotion from within program. Many of our roles are skilled trade positions and our employees build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, and a 401-K program with a company matching component and standard supplemental company contributions. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tobacco Cessation programs and an Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position for which you believe you're qualified and would like to be considered.
JOB SUMMARY: Safely perform quality control inspections, checks, and tests during the manufacturing of products. Inspects materials, parts and products at all stages of production. Records observations in database format and may make recommendations for improving processes. Understand and align business operations through execution of the role, exceeding customer expectations and aligning with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Work within and adhere to GPI's core values of Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships and Teamwork
- Perform all duties safely and efficiently, following all company guidelines. Participate in safety meetings and safety tours
- Ensures that product quality requirements are maintained using predetermined testing methods
- Performs incoming inspection and release of incoming raw materials
- Performs in-process functional testing and documents appropriately
- Monitors in-process part quality for conformance to standards
- Manages non-conforming material in Mfg. Pro.
- Maintains in-process defect library
- Completes visual inspection of blanks, cups, bottom stock & lids to ensure they are defect free
- Uses provided tools, conducts leak tests on cups at required intervals
- Conducts critical checks of cup dimensions
- Performs all paper testing requirements by checking the following: basis weight, width, adhesion, pin hole testing, dyne check, delamination, wicking, moisture, heat seal, coat weights
- Performs tear downs, and ensures that all packaging and contents match the product specification sheet
- Releases product for shipping and disposes of defective product
- Separates defective product and replace it as needed
- Records testing of product on data sheets and reports any irregular data to Supervisor
- Approves any release of finished product for storage
- Empties trash container of tested cups into a cart for disposal
- Notifies Quality Assurance Supervisor of any problems that arise that are beyond the scope of the QAC's duties
- Maintains 5S in assigned area by keeping work area and equipment clean and orderly.
- Once qualified, instructs and trains other QAC's in proper procedures regarding all work tasks
- Communicates with oncoming shift about any issues
- Actively participates in daily team production meetings – communicates key items within the plant environment on safety, quality, maintenance, production and continuous improvement
- Fulfills overtime requirements as necessary to ensure production requirements are met
- Perform other miscellaneous duties assigned by Department Supervisor or Group Lead
Graphic Packaging International is a tobacco-free campus.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Must be 18 years old
- Quality experience in manufacturing of 1-2 years preferred
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a high paced and multi-task environment
- Maintains positive team environment
- Demonstrated organizational skills and is very detail oriented
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Experience with critical computer applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Access and Excel
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. to a height of 3 feet
- Ability to push scrap carts of weight up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to pass a visual color acuity test
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- 12-hour shifts with rotating weekends off.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to perform the essential physical functions of the position, with or without accommodation. This includes: Standing and/or walking for extended periods of time, up to 12-hours; Lifting up to 50 lbs. to a height of 3 feet; Pushing blank carts weighing up to 1,500 lbs. (2-person job); Visual acuity and depth perception; Working in various temperatures & humidity levels.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.