A Carter Lumber Inside Sales Representative is responsible for selling and providing professional customer service to contractors and do-it-yourselfers. This is accomplished by assisting customers make purchase decisions, efficiently processing sales transactions and ensuring the customer has everything needed to complete a project. Handling sales transactions, inventory control and communication are all components of this position. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
Requirements to be Considered for the Position:
- Previous experience in a sales/customer service environment
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Familiarity with building materials is helpful
- Ability to participate effectively as a team member
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Responsibilities of the Position:
Sales & Relationship Building:
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers by supplying advice and information, producing timely estimates for packages and projects and following up on sales calls.
- Provides superior customer service while ensuring sales and profit goals are met.
- Follows up on online customer quotes from the Quote Management System and logs updates in the system.
- Supports the outside sales program and contractor customers as directed.
- Assists in inventory control by conducting cycle counts, resolving overages and shortages and orders and receives in merchandise.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including sales, inventory and safety.Assists in the yard as needed and other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Training:
- Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities.
- Completes required orientation and safety training.
- Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan