As a Manager Trainee, you will work closely with Department Management to learn each department's functions and how each department helps the Distribution Center's success.
Menards, based out of Eau Claire, WI is a privately owned company and leader in the home improvement retail industry. Stores depend on the Distribution Centers in order to receive a large majority of their product to make sales. We currently operate 7 Distribution Centers: Eau Claire, WI - Plano, IL – Shelby IA – Holiday City, OH - Terre Haute, IN - Iron Ridge, WI and Valley, NE. Because we promote from within, we are looking for career-oriented team players seeking a rewarding and challenging career with exceptional advancement opportunities!
- Manage and lead team members in your area
- Ensure that all product is received and shipped in the most efficient way
- Keep all areas in good repair, orderly, and clean
- Use equipment to capacity to fill orders
- Ensure all safety policies are enforced, all training is up to date, and all equipment is guarded and well maintained.
- Keep all safety training and maintenance documented
- Keep open communication with all Team Members regarding safety issues
- Work with supervisors and managers in your area to accomplish goals
- Come up with innovative ideas to improve current processes
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in business or related field such as Operations Mgt, Logistics, Supply Chain Management preferred or equivalent management experience
- Ability to relocate
- Able to write and speak clearly and accurately
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to tactfully deal with guests and team members
- Analytical and Interpersonal skills.
- Leadership Abilities
- Self-motivated and Goal oriented
- Organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Develop action plans
- Decision making qualities