This role is located in the Central Southern states.
Want to be a part of a leading global, manufacturing company that is creating innovative structural solutions in the agricultural industry and experiencing phenomenal growth for themselves and their high performing employees? Enjoy working in an environment where quality, reliability, and a passion for success is valued and where people work together to get things done?
Then come join a team that is taking it to the next level – Lemar Industries!
Who We Are:
LeMar Industries is a subsidiary of CTB, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway Company, offering complete grain handling and storage solutions. With precision in-house engineering and detailing using the latest CAD technology, we deliver customized reliability and quality to customer's exacting standards. We do this by listening and giving customers exactly what suits their needs and we don't stop there! Ours is a lifetime partnership that starts before the order and continues into installation, implementation, and beyond. From catwalks and towers to conveyors and temp storage, LeMar serves industries including grain, fertilizer, seed, feed and aggregate & mining, providing quality and reliability like no other for over 35 years! Come experience the expertise and excellence that comes with leading-edge solutions – and join us in our mission in developing new technologies that help feed the world!
Our Vision: Leadership through Innovation®
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- 401k & Profit Sharing
- Holiday Bonus
- Excellent Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role!
What You'll Do:
As the Grain Reclaim Operator, you will travel to various nationwide grain elevator locations to provide grain pick up, using a Grain Reclaim machine, ensuring the service is provided effectively.
You're Accountabilities in the Role:
- Travels to required grain elevator locations to pick up grain using a reclaim machine until all required grain is reclaimed.
- Troubleshoots and repairs daily mechanical issues on equipment, as needed.
- Works with Purchasing to reorder parts as they are used.
- Coordinates with the grain elevator company to advise LeMar on bushels collected and service levels.
- Contacts the contracted vendor to pick up the grain machine and transfer it to the next location.
- Ensures all safety and quality system requirements are met during the process.
- Education: High School diploma or GED preferred
- Experience: 1+ years of hands-on fundamental application of technical skills as described in role, preferably in the Ag business or related field. Will train on the specific machinery used. Requires solid mechanical background and aptitude in changing parts, filters, etc. Trouble-shooting hydraulic and electrical interfaces would be preferred; but will train.
- Certifications: Requires a Class A CDL or willing to obtain upon hire. Needs a good driving record.
- Functional Skills: Able to operate large equipment independently. Solid problem-solving skills and conceptual thinker, who can work through mechanical issues in a systematic way to understand the root cause and create solutions effectively.
- Technical Skills: ability to drive a truck and operate large machinery
- Language Skills: Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Behaviors: Self-starter with a strong customer-focus, natural strength in providing support and service to others; solid relational skills; provides feedback clearly and timely. High focus on quality, safety, and service.
- Culture Match: Conceptual thinker that can take a vision and create better processes/solutions. Enjoys collaboration and leading/participating in continuous improvement processes.
Other Important Information:
Position Status & Pay: Pay is commensurate with experience.
And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: Plant Manager
Hours/Typical Work Week: 6:00 am – 6:00 pm; November through June experiences heavier business volume, this role requires someone that is able to work 70-80 hours per week on average during the heavier volume months (ie. 10-12 hours per day). Off season, typical work week on average is 40 hours per week.
Direct Reports: None
Travel: During heavier volume months, travel is every week. Typically gone 2-3 weeks at a time with a few days off in between. Areas traveled are in MS, LA. NE, KS, MO, etc.
Work Conditions: works with Grain Elevators in the field, using large equipment.