Zoom is an award winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we've been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US Workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
The Solution Engineer role at Zoom is an exciting and rewarding position. We are looking for a technical sales professional with knowledge of customer business drivers to adopt the Zoom Communication platform. The Solution Engineer acts as a trusted advisor and plays an integral part in delivering Happiness to our customers.
This individual serves as the lead advocate for customers; translating technical needs into product development recommendations, testing of customer environments and driving customer demand/features internally within Zoom. Must be able to understand and articulate Zoom's architectural advantages to our customers and support the Account Executive when it comes to proposing and designing solutions to our customers biggest collaboration challenges.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven and have a background in telephony, video and applications sales, knowledge of Zoom communication platform (Chat, Meetings, Video, Phone, Marketplace/API) and/or competitive equivalent. In depth knowledge of Microsoft and application based competition is preferred. (Microsoft, Amazon, RingCentral, 8x8, Cisco, etc). This position will be a remote or in-office position based on candidate's location.
- Designing next generation communication solutions for Zoom's customers.
- Conducting demo and proof of concepts for prospective customers.
- Solution and architectural design and selling
- RFQ/RFP response/preparation
- Building competitive intelligence
- Working Across Multiple Boundaries
- Driving the Zoom Vision
- Strong business acumen and executive presence
- SaaS Collaboration sales experience i.e. web conferencing, cloud voice, UCaaS
- Minimum 5 years experience in the telephony and software applications industry
- In-depth knowledge of “traditional“ voice communications systems and applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Create, present and document technical solutions
- Ability to present topics in a clear and concise manner to many levels of technical skill sets and audience sizes
- Intermediate level solution sales ability
- 5+ years of technical experience in Collaboration technologies
- 5+ years in a customer facing technical role required
- Thorough competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
- Zoom Communication platform and end-to-end positioning required
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.