The Area Sales Manager is responsible for prospecting, developing and maintaining dealer relationships and expanding the dealer market base in new and/or existing territories to include franchise and qualifying independent dealerships.
- Responsible for volume, producing dealers, dealer efficiencies and continued growth for assigned marketing area.
- Prospect, develop and maintain strong dealer relationships through field and phone marketing. Analyze prospective dealerships to identify if a successful relationship is possible using information obtained during dealer assessment.
- Develop daily schedules to ensure all preferred dealers are marketed weekly and non–preferred dealers are visited as necessary.
- Complete Daily Visits and Funding (DFV) as required. Identify non-producing dealers and prioritize them when completing daily marketing schedule.
- Complete all daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Review and analyze weekly reports to maintain satisfactory yield and application efficiencies in each reporting market. Weekly action plans may be required if improvement is needed. Make final decision regarding dealer terminations with manager.
- Education of all dealers on an ongoing basis regarding company underwriting guidelines, policies and procedures, while building relationships with all key dealer personnel.
- Follow up on all approvals immediately with dealers and communicate with the Sales Finance Rep. to negotiate and close the sale. Continue follow up with the dealer(s) until final status is determined.
- Follow up with dealers on all confirmed contracts on an on-going basis.
- Assist loan processing daily to expedite contracts in house by collecting stips, documents required and any other actions as needed.
- Remain informed on all industry related trends and each assigned market's competitive environment. Relay information to management as it relates to specific marker assigned.
- Generate and implement ideas for marketing, sales and/or promotions to assist in dealer production.
- Attend all training classes as scheduled and complete tests on time if required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weeknights, weekends and holidays as business and volume objectives dictate.
- From time to time, assistance with lien perfection, collections, and/or field calls may be required.
- Adhere to all C&F policies and procedures as well as complying with all regulations and applicable laws.
Minimum of three years or more of experience in the sales finance industry or related industry experience which consists of sales, credit, funding or collections. Experience in subprime sales finance is preferred. Experience and a level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel are required. Proficient computer skills and typing skills are required.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, math, and PC skills are required. Strong rapport-building, decision-making, and problem-solving skills are essential. Must possess a strong attention to detail. Highly motivated and energetic. Excellent analytical, organizational and intuitive skills. Must be able to create and deliver/facilitate sales presentations to individuals or large groups. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for contact with dealer, customers and co-workers. Individual must be a team player who works cooperatively with peers, co-workers, supervisors and other departments.
Must be able to communicate easily with all levels of management both internally with C&F and externally with dealer customers. Must be an excellent listener and have the ability to use sound, independent judgment while interacting with a diverse group of constituents. Able to work independently and deal with ambiguous situations and issues that arise during the sales process. Ability to evaluate and make consistent, quality decisions that represent the company's best interests. Have a proven history of developing and maintaining productive dealer relationships. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
Employee may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time: view computer monitor, keyboarding, talking on the phone calls, sitting, and motion fingers/hands/wrists and standing/walking. Extended periods of travel (air and land) will be required and is expected to successfully manage the reporting markets. Employee will be required to work extra hours, weekends or evenings as part of fulfilling normal job requirements.
The individual's success will be measured based on their ability to successfully complete the essential duties and responsibilities outlined above. Specific monthly and year end goals will be provided by management and will be broken down by market. Key metrics include, but are not limited to:
- Volume objectives
- Market penetration
- Application efficiencies
- Effective communications
- Marketing creativity
The work characteristics described here are representative of an outside sales position. Consistent direct contact with employees and the dealers is required. Direct contact with the RBC (Regional Buy Center) is also required and is essential to ensure both the underwriting team and the sales team work together effectively and efficiently. It is essential that both teams work together, positively, as both have the same goal – quality loan originations.
C&F reserves the right to identify your location at random during normal business hours (phone solicitation to dealers and/or company property).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
C&F Finance Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons and reaffirms in policy and practice that it shall not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, gender, age (over 40), disability, genetic information, veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and Vietnam era veterans), national origin, or any other consideration protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This applies to all areas of employment, including promotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, benefits, recruitment advertising, recruitment, and selection for training. EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Financial - CONSUMER FINANCIAL SERVICES