Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Summary: Responsible for preparing tax, title and legal transfer documents on vehicle sales.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Verify check, cash and contract funds
- Prepares tax and title documents on a timely basis
- Submits legal transfer documents to DMV on a timely basis
- Processes paperwork on a timely basis
- Maintains files of tax and legal transfer documents
- Maintain schedules
- Builds relationships and communications with dealership personnel, accounting managers and HAG
- Process and assign all titles received
- Process title work with OLRS or DMV in a timely manner
- Prepare out of state title work within priority guidelines
- Prep allocated number of deals a day for processing
- Key OLRS report, checks and journal entries daily as needed
- Expedite duplicate title process as needed
- Track and/or investigate outstanding titles
- Reconcile schedules weekly
- Actively research any outstanding issues that prevent you from completing any of the above
- Pull titles, mail plates and copy title work as needed
- Process/maintain dealer plates and temporary markers
- Prepare Service Loaners – maintain tags
- Assist with DMV Enforcement and Floor Plan Audits
- Attend weekly department meetings
- Maintains CSI at or above Company standards
- Maintains an organized, clean and safe work area
- Participates in required training
- Records all hours worked accurately in company timekeeping system
- Follows Safeguards rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the Company's Core Values
- Complies with Company policies and procedures
- Observes all Federal, State, Local and Company safety rules and regulations in the performance of duties.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with medical conditions to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma
√ Associate Degree
- Bachelor Degree
- Master Degree
- Doctorate Degree
Field of Study/Work Experience:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Desired Work Experience:
√ up to 3 years
- 3-5 years
- 5+ years
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic Vehicle titling and/or DMV experience in a high volume environment desired. Strong organizational skills required.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Driver's License
- Automobile Salesperson License
√ Notary Public
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Ability to learn the Dealership Management System, Spreadsheet software, accounting software, and inventory software.
Ability to understand and follow instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and company
The position requires regular and predictable attendance. Scheduled shifts may include evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel.
Duties are performed primarily at a desk in an office setting. Work includes frequent clerical and administrative responsibilities and interaction with customers, managers and employees.
Verbal and Writing Ability:
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following Core Values:
Servant Leaders consciously put the needs of others before their own, because to serve people is to value them.
Teamwork through Trust & Respect
Diversity is strength, and when we trust and respect one another we can work as a team to achieve at a high level.
Being honest and transparent with people, in an effort to do the right thing within the letter and spirit of the law, drives every action we take and every decision we make.
Commitment to Customer Enthusiasm
Every day we recommit ourselves to the customer experience, and we are empowered to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Passion for Winning
Hendrick's tradition of winning is based on the idea of striving to be the best, not the biggest, and is therefore defined by how we treat our people.
Accountability at All Levels
Taking ownership of our actions and our decisions allows us to grow as individuals, and support each other as a team.
Commitment to Continuous Improvement
Every day we soften our hearts as well as our egos, in order to seek out and improve upon areas of opportunity within ourselves and our team.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties and responsibilities upon the request of a supervisor. This job description is subject to revision at the discretion of the company.
Hendrick Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.